Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Pray for sister in preterm labor (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835314)

Liam's Momma 09-16-2009 09:37 AM

Pray for sister in preterm labor

My sister is 25 weeks pregnant. She went into PTL last night in Salem, OR and was transferred to a Portland hospital. BIL called to say they have the contractions stopped on the lowest dosage of meds possible. They're unsure of how long she'll need to be in the hospital. Please pray for her. They don't have any children. She had a m/c last year as well. Please pray. BIL said he'd update me via text.

**Update 9/25**
My sister had an u/s yesterday that dated her baby as a week ahead!! She's measuring 27w5d in which my sister is 26w3d. They estimated that she's 2.5 pounds now. Prayer, meds and bedrest are certainly working! Thank you all!

Erin318 09-16-2009 01:41 PM

Re: Pray for sister in preterm labor

I'll pray they can keep that baby in as long as possible!

Liam's Momma 09-16-2009 03:15 PM

Contractions have slowed to 2-4 per hour. They discovered her cervix is shortened and funneling from the inside. Baby is doing just fine. She will remain in the hospital on strict bedrest until at least Friday. Doctor's are being optimistic. Current goal is for her to get to 28 weeks.

cassieJJ 09-17-2009 01:01 AM

:pray:

Liam's Momma 09-18-2009 04:24 PM

UPDATE

My sister is still in the hospital on bedrest until at least Tuesday now. The test she took yesterday (not a clue what it's called) came back that she's unlikely to deliver within the next two weeks. They gave her a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs just in case.
She was supposed to have an u/s today to see if there have been any additional changes to her cervix. I haven't been able to get in touch with her to find out the results from that as of yet. I know she's still having contractions when she gets up to use the restroom, hopefully those stop soon.

THank you all for your prayers. They are certainly working and baby girl is staying put.
If my sister is released from the hospital but needs to remain on bedrest I will be traveling to Oregon to take care of her.

Revy 09-18-2009 05:53 PM

Your sister is super lucky for having you covering her back like this.

My prayers to her and her family to be.

Mayghan 09-23-2009 04:40 AM

Hows your sis mama?

NessaL_07 09-23-2009 11:30 AM

prayers with your sister.

sillyutalktome 09-23-2009 03:07 PM

praying for her. Hope all is well.

Liam's Momma 09-24-2009 03:36 PM

I ended up taking a trip to Portland over the weekend to spend time with my sis in the hospital. They'll be keeping her until she's a minimum of 28 weeks (Oct 6th).

Friday night her contractions ramped up again and they were able to see her cervix opening on the u/s. They've upped her meds and they've slowed again. They did give her two steroid shots as a precaution. My sis gets contractions when she sits up to eat so she has to be flat on her back.

I showed her how to knit baby hats using a loom and she's loving doing that. I wish I could've spent more time down there.