Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Delayed Vaxers ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83605)

RedneckWoman 01-11-2007 10:34 AM

Delayed Vaxers ?

Those of you who delay vaxes. At what age do you go ahead and vax? My first three were all vaxed on time. My second daughter though has mild ADHD. Fearing there might be a link, we haven't vaxd DS#4 after his 6 mo. check up. At what point would it be safe to go ahead and vax him? I mean the theory is that they are too young for the vaxes and that's what causes the ADHD. So at what age would it be safe to vax them so that ADHD wouldn't be triggered?

zaza 01-11-2007 11:23 AM

Re: Delayed Vaxers ?

Theres no magic formula, vaxs are poisions that we put into our bodies everybodys different on how they transfer those toxins out... I say vax slow and feed them plenty of Vit. c and e and other antioxidents. My ds just has had 1 one dtap shot at 7 months and we will do hat series then start another one at a time, I don't see what the big rush is about. he will not be recieveing the hep. b they say its good for 15 years. I don't understand why there vaxing a baby against a std that only lasts 15 years? Yeah like hes gonna go get tattoed do inteveneous drugs and be sleeping around berfore the age of 15, that alone proves the drug co.s push just think about how much $ those vac. co.s started to make when the instated that.

JustAugust 01-11-2007 01:41 PM

I was thinking about delaying, still might. But I won't do ANY before 2 years old. And honestly... I am starting to doubt we'll do any at all.

moonphishers 01-11-2007 01:50 PM

I can't answer to the ADHD portion but I keep seeing that 2 seems to be the "magic number" - somewhat in part due to some Japanese (adnecdotal ) info that they stopped vaxing kids until 2 y/o and their SIDS rate plummeted. I really want research about that but have that on the bottom of my Reasearch TO DO list :giggle:

RedneckWoman 01-11-2007 05:34 PM

Ohh. All good information. Yeah I never understood the Hep B either. Does anyone have any thoughts on the new HPV vaccine? My oldest girl is about to turn nine and I am getting lots of family pressure about her. My concern is that it hasn't been around long enough to study effacy and safety. And like a pp said, it's not as though she's sleeping around.

I am close to Washington D.C. and they are already requiring it in school age children!

tropicalmom2b 01-11-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedneckWoman (Post 621742)
I am close to Washington D.C. and they are already requiring it in school age children!

I can't believe it!!! Amazing they're already requiring it!

We're probably delaying until 2 but same case as pp: it's low on my things to research list at this point! The only one that dh really thinks we should get is the polio. Definitely see no need for MMR, HepB or chickenpox ever. Hope I can find someone with chickenpox while she's little so she can go ahead and get it. (That's what my mother did with me. Took me to play with my cousin who had b/c I hadn't caught it by the time I was almost 6 and she wanted me to get it.)

RedneckWoman 01-11-2007 06:37 PM

I agree with the cicken pox. Same here. Hello, not that bad. Hubby wants DS to get MMR because there have been some cases out here from immigrants.

moonphishers 01-11-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedneckWoman (Post 621959)
I agree with the cicken pox. Same here. Hello, not that bad. Hubby wants DS to get MMR because there have been some cases out here from immigrants.

Some cases of what? the diseases MMR "protects" from are totally treatable and can overcome and super mild by healthy kids... KWIM? Just some food for thought.

Additionally above you asked about the Gardasil (HPV) I have a preteen and will not be getting it for her. If she chooses later on to get it forherself then so beit. But I wil teach her what she needs to be aware of. also keep in mind even if they get the shot, they still have to get annual paps! :rolleyes:

:2cents:

:thumbsup:

jjaelovesenglish 01-11-2007 09:35 PM

Look up /dr Stephanie Caves book and it gives a little better understanding of schedules and why. ADHD is not why we do it, we do it because there is autisim in the family and we find that a lot of the vaccinations they are recommending for our children we didn't get untill we were much older if at all. Know the vaccines you are giving, what they are for and why they are given. You can also ask for the inserts to any and every vaccine your children ever receive.

RedneckWoman 01-11-2007 09:40 PM

All great advice.
Quote:

Some cases of what? the diseases MMR "protects" from are totally treatable and can overcome and super mild by healthy kids... KWIM? Just some food for thought.
Cases of mumps in the area. Serious enough to require hospitalization.

Does anyone know anything about polio? How common and how serious?