Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Sounds like it's time to vote... bfps in the ttc forum? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837843)

kt~mommy 09-19-2009 08:16 PM

Sounds like it's time to vote... bfps in the ttc forum?

Sounds like from the mods the choice is either all bfps are allowed (whether from folks who've been here forever or brand newbies who weren't even trying) or no bfps are allowed. What say we?

kt~mommy 09-19-2009 08:18 PM

Re: Sounds like it's time to vote... bfps in the ttc forum?

i guess my opinion is if we have to chose on or the other and not distinguish between who it is that is posting them, allow the BFPs for all the positive reasons listed in the discussion thread on this topic. i think the vast majority of the BFPs that do get posted here are from mamas who've been here ttc.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-19-2009 08:24 PM

To clarify, if someone posts a bfp in the preg forum that is fine, but if they happen to post in the ttc forum, the Admin/Mod Team will not be getting pm's asking for it to be removed because they were not really ttc. Everyone will be accepted to post in either place. No more reporting them, no more complaining about moving them out. This will make everything easier and stop any confusing between you all and the Admin/Mod Team.:thumbsup: If you all agree to this, then that works for us as well.:grouphug:

TwinKristi 09-19-2009 09:01 PM

What about ATTS/JTC members post their BFPs in ATTS/JTC instead of a seperate thread?? I will admit I voted no BFPs not because I'm a jealous witch but because SO MANY LADIES post BFPs that were never even TTC. It doesn't just happen once in awhile, it seems like weekly! I don't get offended by seeing BFPs at all, I enjoy them, but I don't like the fact that people instantly think to post in TTC when then should be posting in Pregnancy. People who've never TTC wouldn't know the heartache associated with this. This is the first time I can remember mods getting involved and ppl voting on this, but this arguement has been going on for years! I know that when I joined ATTS a yr ago that it was an issue then. Maybe if we just keep BFPs in the ATTS or JTC threads it would save a lot of hurt feelings?? :2cents:

McMamma38 09-19-2009 09:20 PM

I voted to keep bfp's in the TTC forum--(all BFP's):thumbsup: It's not a ttc forum without them.
I chose to open the bfp posts I click on to read or I can chose not to,an easy choice.
If it's a fly by post of a bfp--it's ok w/ me,as I know those will happen.

ALL bfps are to be celebrated!:goodvibes:

smblake 09-19-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMamma38 (Post 8437434)
I voted to keep bfp's in the TTC forum--(all BFP's):thumbsup: It's not a ttc forum without them.
I chose to open the bfp posts I click on to read or I can chose not to,an easy choice.

exactly this - well said char :goodvibes:

BeccaD777 09-20-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMamma38 (Post 8437434)

:exactly:

JoeysMomma 09-20-2009 07:17 AM

All bfps accepted in the TTC forum. :goodvibes:

This forum is called TTC.....not ATTS. :thumbsup:

sjanea74 09-20-2009 08:04 AM

I have to chime in here and I'll apologize in advance in case it offends anyone. I've been cheering for all the ladies in ATTS and trying to help out others with questions in other threads. I've been through the ttc journey on another board and know what its like to see the bfp's posted when it feels hopeless for yourself. That said...

BFP's are part of TTC. If you are having a bad day and don't want to see it then skip it. If it's someone who just joined DS and their only post is their BFP in the TTC forum the deserve a congrats too. We don't know their history and even if they say they weren't ttc that's no reason to give them the cold shoulder. Of course direct them to the pg/dd folders but just remember that there's a person on the other end who in one way or another needs some sort of support. Isn't that why we're all here??

I'd just hate to see this go all cliquey and don't think its fair to say only those who are part of the ATTS are allowed or welcome to post BFP threads. We are grown women and this isn't grade school or high school anymore...

Andbabymakes2 09-20-2009 08:53 AM

Char, I think you are right, ALL BFP's should be celebrated! If you don't feel up to seeing someone else's + then don't click on the link. Simple as that.

Sarah Jane, good point about not knowing a random's history, she could have been TTC for some time and only recently found this group and been lurking.

I personally think that without the BFP's we would be a sad sad group.