Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Intussusception (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83786)

jodi74 01-11-2007 04:23 PM

Intussusception

Has anyone's child ever had this and did it reoccur? My 6 month old son was hospitalized with this and he just got out today. They said it may occur again, so I was just curious if it has happened to anyone else?

ahisma 01-11-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Intussusception

:hugs: mama.

I don't even know what it is, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad your son is back home.

soggygranolamomma 01-11-2007 05:34 PM

I thought my daughter might have had it and it's a scary thing. Basically, the intestine "telescopes" on itself, which can narrow the passage way and may cause a partial or full intestinal blockage which can be very serious.

I'm glad your son is ok!! :hugs:

snowbird25ca 01-12-2007 01:14 AM

Sorry you just went through this with your ds. I don't have any experience with this, but just wanted to ask a question just because of your ds's age...

I don't know if you vaccinate or not, but if he recently got the rotavirus vaccine - it's oral drops, then intusseption is a known reaction to this vaccine and it needs to be reported to the manufacturer... it's what caused the first rotavirus vaccine to be pulled from the market.

Not sure if this applies or not, but I just wanted to post it jic.

Many many hugs to you and your ds and I hope it doesn't reoccur. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

moonphishers 01-12-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowbird25ca (Post 623413)
I don't know if you vaccinate or not, but if he recently got the rotavirus vaccine - it's oral drops, then intusseption is a known reaction to this vaccine and it needs to be reported to the manufacturer... it's what caused the first rotavirus vaccine to be pulled from the market.

I was also considering asking the same.

Heres to hoping for a fast recovery as well no more recurrances. ! BIG :hugs:

jodi74 01-12-2007 06:22 AM

I also found about that last night searching on the computer. Yes he did just have the rotovirus vaccine about a month ago. He is almost 7 months now. You can be sure I am going to report it.

jodi74 01-12-2007 06:24 AM

We were in the er all night because he had a fever and high blood pressure. They did nothing for either but just wanted to monitor him. I am so upset. They said normal blood pressure for babies his age is between 75-105 over 66. His got as high as 140 over 90. His lowest was 127 over 81. I am just waiting for his clinic to open so I can reach his pediatrician.