Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breastpump Question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83902)

Luv2bemommy 01-11-2007 08:09 PM

Breastpump Question

How much would you pay for a used Medela orginal PIS??? There is a mom on a local board I go to that is willing to sell me hers and she wants 75.00 for it.. What do you think?

She let me take the pump home and I looked it over, it's in excellent shape and even comes with extra parts and even the orginal box.

Also, anyone own a PIS? Is it good for every pumping?

dreamtiger 01-11-2007 08:16 PM

Re: Breastpump Question

I bought a used advanced pump for $150 so $75 seems very good to me...
the advanced PIS is great - I used the top of the line hospital grade for a while, the symphony, and the advanced PIS was just as good, just louder and not as fancy. I would think the original would be comparable and think you're getting a pretty good deal :) IMHO

although... I do see pumps selling for very low prices on FSOT sometimes. If you are unsure, you could post a ISO and see what kind of prices you get?

Kimmomy2dom 01-11-2007 08:31 PM

I think $75 would be a good deal.

kezoo 01-12-2007 12:31 PM

$75 is a score!!! If it works and looks like it is in good shape - take it! I paid $250+ for mine brand new...

Paulette 01-12-2007 01:51 PM

$75 is good, but make sure you get new parts!

loni1090 01-12-2007 07:30 PM

That is great! I bought mine new in 2003 for $190 and have used it through 2 babies. My sister borrowed it too and got new parts from the hospital. She just asked for the pumping kit to try out the lactina and it worked on my PIS

BarbieAnn79 01-17-2007 02:24 AM

that is a wonderful offer! that is the kind of pump i use- i bought mine off a friend for 50.00 plus shipping costs (she lives out of state) i have looked all over and rarely see a used in EUC PIS for under 150.00.

wiseolegoat1 01-17-2007 04:59 AM

I bought a used Medella pis from ebay for $75. It came with all the parts, and works....but my baby isn't due until April 2...so don't know much more than that yet.
I think I got a good deal on it....happy with quality and price so far.
At the very least, you should be able to get purchase price back out of it!
How can you go wrong there?
Blessings,
Wiseolegoat1

doberbrat 01-17-2007 06:19 AM

2 things medella does NOT rec sharing pumps. the way the pump is designed, if milk overflows into the tubes, you can get milk in the diaphram. it nearly happened to me- milk got sucked itnot the tubes and got 3/4 of the way into the tube before I could yank them out. the concerns here are 2fold, mold and disease.

also the pumps only have so much 'life' to them so you should ask how much it was used. if it was used by a mom who used it 2-3x a day for a few months, its a good deal. if it was used by a mom who EP (usually 8-10x a day) or for multiple kids, its not.

its prob a good deal and fine but see if you can find out more details....