Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What will/do you do for school?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84313)

Mommy2JJ 01-12-2007 03:50 PM

What will/do you do for school??

Public, Private, or Homeschool......and do you like your choice and why :mrgreen:

ETA I realize a lot of us don't have kids in school yet....so what do you think you will do if you are in that situation.

masonite 01-12-2007 03:53 PM

Re: What will/do you do for school??

Most likely public, unless I can find a private school we like. Or, if I end up teaching at a private school, then my kids will go there too.

Why? Because we have great public schools, and I will most likely work as a Middle School/High School English teacher once the boys are older.

Hitchkids 01-12-2007 03:53 PM

Homeschool is what is right for us. Seems to work best with our schedules and temperments and allows us to cater the curriculum for each child's differences.

urchin_grey 01-12-2007 03:54 PM

Unschool/homeschool. :goodvibes: I don't like the idea of my son going off to school for 8-9 hours to sit in a special-ed class to play. He will still go to all of his special services (ST/OT/PT/EI) if he still needs them but other than that, I will teach him here. I really like the "unschool" philosophy but since DS is non-verbal I think *some* structured schooling would be best... but he's only 20mo now, so we'll see when he's older. :)

masonite 01-12-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urchin_grey (Post 625744)
Unschool/homeschool. :goodvibes: I don't like the idea of my son going off to school for 8-9 hours to sit in a special-ed class to play. He will still go to all of his special services (ST/OT/PT/EI) if he still needs them but other than that, I will teach him here. I really like the "unschool" philosophy but since DS is non-verbal I think *some* structured schooling would be best... but he's only 20mo now, so we'll see when he's older. :)

I think that's awesome for Bram! :goodvibes:

pinkflamingos77 01-12-2007 04:00 PM

My kids go to public school. We are very fortunate we have a good school/school district. I give big kudos to people who homeschool but that is not my cup of tea.

L J 01-12-2007 04:11 PM

Henry will go to private school, definately. I already know which one. :blush: Yes, I'm going to be one of those mamas. At least I have 5 years to figure out how in the world I am going to be able to afford the tuition. Its as much as college... :cry: but public isn't an option, I won't send him to a religious school, and I won't homeschool him for other reasons, so I don't have a lot of options.

Heidiliz 01-12-2007 04:24 PM

We homeschool, and I wouldn't have it any other way!:thumbsup:

grace134 01-12-2007 04:38 PM

Public, but I'm looking at charter schools. And I am considering Montesorri for elementary.

JustAugust 01-12-2007 05:15 PM

If we live here, public. They are awesome here. But, there is a good private Christian school too. So maybe there.

I'll homeschool if the need ever arises, but would rather do public/private otherwise.