Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Share your funniest CD goof-up stories.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8452)

Birdee 05-24-2006 02:30 PM

Share your funniest CD goof-up stories....

My IL's were babysitting dd and when I came back they had changed her into a HH with an unstuffed FB over top as a cover:rofl: I had emphasized she would need a cover for her dipes (but was referring to the fitteds I had set out for them) - oh well at least she wasn't about to leak out of that:lostit:

Shay 05-24-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Funniest CD goof-up?

At least they tried. That is so funny:giggle:

Psychomom 05-24-2006 02:54 PM

Re: Funniest CD goof-up?

When I first started CDing, my baby (now 3.5 years old!) was 6 months old. I had ordered a sampler package that came with 1 Kissaluvs fitted. Well, I had no idea the dang tag was supposed to be on the outside! So she wore it inside out. Oh, and I didn't know it was a "fitted" and that fitteds required covers, so I thought it was a pretty crappy diaper because my babe kept leaving wet spots all over my house.

imommy 05-24-2006 02:56 PM

Re: Share your funniest CD goof-up stories....

:giggle: Poor DH. When we started CDing he just didn't get it. I came home one day and the babe was asleep and DH was so proud of himself when he said "I put one of those insert things in the diaper and put another one on top" meaning he put an insert in and a doubler in the diaper. When DS woke up, he was in an HH with just the HH stuffin OVAL (not the actual stuffin) as an insert and the stuffin laid in as a doubler. At least he didn't leak but I just said "good job honey" and gently explained what they were for.

myajdw 05-24-2006 03:03 PM

i'm not sure what our first goof will be, but i'm sure it will be done by dh lol. although i've been showing him the different pf folds and he pays attention....i think. and he's all for this as well, he's probably going to grab the aio's, pockets and fitteds most often though lol.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-24-2006 03:14 PM

Its not a big goof, but H put Ethan into his fuzzibunz (the black one I bought for "daddy" because H loooves black). Anyway, it was time for his bath and when I went to take the diaper off, the bottom snaps were snapped to the top snaps and the little triangle thingies were just flapping away LOL. I said to H, "You're an engineer! You couldn't figure out that this just looked wrong?" :banghead: It was a little mix up, but still kinda funny.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 05-24-2006 03:20 PM

I had an emergency when dd was like 1 year old and had to leave her with dh for the first time where I didnt lay out diapers or have plans or anything. Well he showed up to meet me and hand over the baby on his way to work and he was so proud of himself she had on a snap-ez pul pocket that I had already stuffed with 2 jbs. And he said to me I remembered to put two of those insert things in it. Well I looked at dd and it was a wonder she fit in her pants. He put her the snap-ez with 2 more jbs layed in it for a total of 4 joeybunz. Guess we werent gonna have a leak that day right?

clothdiaperoutlet 05-24-2006 03:25 PM

Ours was my MIL. She snapped an FB with the top snaps on the bottom row and nothing on the top row. The diaper was so loose that when I picked dd up, it literally slid down her legs and onto the floor. Miraculously, we made it 30 minutes before I discovered it and there weren't any leaks.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-24-2006 03:29 PM

CDoutlet -maybe that's what my H did to the FB that our son wore- I can't remember. All I know is that it was wrroooooooooooong LOL and falling down!

clothdiaperoutlet 05-24-2006 03:54 PM

Yeah, we all had a good laugh over it. Well, dh and I did anyway!