Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone have hints for quiche (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84615)

betty_joanne 01-13-2007 10:58 AM

Anyone have hints for quiche

Ok, so when we lived in Alaska there was this awesome little place called The Rose Cache and it made the best quiche dishes.
I would love to be able to make quiche and i have tried a couple of times and it came out weird and soupy even if i left it in 10-15 minutes longer than the recipe called for. I've tried using a glass pie plate and then i tried another time using a one inch tall casserole dish(white porclein? not sure)
Can anyone give me some hints on how to make quiche?
Oh, i think i am looking for a crustless one to start off with. One of the ones i attempted was crustlesss and came out awful.

naturalbirthmama 01-13-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Anyone have hints for quiche

Here is the recipe I use:

10 eggs
1 cup milk or if you have cream...1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I highly recommend Amy's organic)
Garlic Salt
Spinach, Broccoli, or whatever veggie you want
Chicken (I usually use a can if I don't just happen to have bought a rotisserie chicken lately) or ham
Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper

I don't have measurements because I just add whatever I can find.

This makes 2 pie dishes. I use metal pans. Cook on 350 for about an hour.

reborin 01-13-2007 03:48 PM

I just made some for New Years, a nice neighborhood party. I did this:

5 eggs
1/2 c. rice milk (any milk will do, though halve it for thicker ones, like cream or coconut, and then add a bit of water as needed)
any kind of cheese, grated, about 1 cup (I like swiss)
any kind of veggies, cut small - peas, shrooms, carrots, roasted pepper, chopped spinich, green onions, PLUS sauteed onion and garlic
If you do meat, you can use cut small ham, bacon, sausage. If not, you can omit, or add fakin bacon, tofu sausage, etc. Whatever you like!

salt and pepper to taste, pour into greased glass pan (I really do like the glass ones better), bake at 375 for about 30 min (mine take 40, some take 30).

Good luck! Practice makes perfect here, so keep trying! Adjust the recipes as you need - some places (high alt., low alt.) and some ovens just need a special touch. :D

Steve's Wife 01-15-2007 11:36 PM

I usually just throw it together with very little measuring, but I usually use 6-8 eggs depending on if they're large or XL and about a cup of whole milk. Beat them together. Mix in your fav cheese. Swiss and cheddar are yummy. Add bacon or spinach, salt, and bake.

rowynne 01-17-2007 12:51 PM

I had a really good broccoli/cheese quiche recipe but cant find it anymore, but I KNOW mine called for some bread cubes (helps suck up the extra moisture & was REALLY yummy)...... anyone have a recipe like that?