Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Discriminatory shipping for Canadians? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846783)

nrgburst 10-02-2009 04:58 PM

Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Maybe this is just me, but recently I've been starting to get annoyed at people charging Canadians a lot extra for shipping. I recently had a mama quote me $10 postage on two diapers. :headscratch: It's really obvious on the USPS website that it costs less than half that... Actually, the more I look up postage myself, the more I've realized it costs EXACTLY as much as domestic US postage for stuff over 13 oz- because then they have to pay Priority.
Thoughts?

delicatefade 10-02-2009 05:01 PM

Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Yeah, I know, and it sucks. I'd stick this in OT if you want more chat though :)

nrgburst 10-02-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 8549316)
Yeah, I know, and it sucks. I'd stick this in OT if you want more chat though :)

Yeah? I'm a little leery of creating possible drama, but I want this knowledge out there. I wish I'd known the difference (or lack thereof) when I first started buying.

vickieboggs 10-02-2009 05:46 PM

yup I've noticed it and I REFUSE TO BUY FROM THOSE SELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that shipping to canada is usually the same or very close to the same as within US (until the package is a certain weight) and then you get mamas adding 5-10$ on for no reason and it is terribly disappointing I don't mind 1-2$though but exact is even nicer!!! I've noticed 2 congos lately on HC do this as well!!! :yuck:

tquist 10-02-2009 06:00 PM

As stupid as it is, I have ALWAYS found it more expensive to ship within Canada than to ship to the US...so having said that, whenever I buy something from the States and they insist on charging more I know almost 100% of the time that they don't know what they are talking about. :banghead:

Jelliebean 10-02-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tquist (Post 8549757)
As stupid as it is, I have ALWAYS found it more expensive to ship within Canada than to ship to the US...so having said that, whenever I buy something from the States and they insist on charging more I know almost 100% of the time that they don't know what they are talking about. :banghead:

OMG, YES! It's crazy expensive to ship within Canada. It's crazy expensive to ship TO the States, but it's not that bad going from the States to us....but we still get the short end of the stick. Frig, it's almost like we live on the other side of the world or something. We're ATTACHED and it's not that far. That's what I don't get. :headscratch:

nrgburst 10-02-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickieboggs (Post 8549672)
yup I've noticed it and I REFUSE TO BUY FROM THOSE SELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that shipping to canada is usually the same or very close to the same as within US (until the package is a certain weight) and then you get mamas adding 5-10$ on for no reason and it is terribly disappointing I don't mind 1-2$though but exact is even nicer!!! I've noticed 2 congos lately on HC do this as well!!! :yuck:

I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two because they have to go to the post office rather than printing the postage at home and then mailing it. Hey, it's an extra step, I'll pay. But doing say, 20ppd for US but 20 plus shipping to Canada is totally unfair.

And word to the within Canada rip-off postage! I just signed a petition about that, but I doubt Canada Post is going to change. :cry:

ClothDiaperMePlease 10-02-2009 06:46 PM

It might be b/c getting DC costs that much... I think we are all becoming weary of the scammers, and it isn't against Canadian moms.

If they are willing to risk no DC, then the price is almost the same, otherwise it isn't. It was almost $15 for me to ship one diaper with DC and insurance to Canada a while back.

ClothDiaperMePlease 10-02-2009 06:47 PM

FTR, I ship to Canada with no DC and for the same price unless the items can't be replaced.

nrgburst 10-02-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease (Post 8550074)
It might be b/c getting DC costs that much... I think we are all becoming weary of the scammers, and it isn't against Canadian moms.

If they are willing to risk no DC, then the price is almost the same, otherwise it isn't. It was almost $15 for me to ship one diaper with DC and insurance to Canada a while back.

Ok, that makes sense for HTF items or huge purchases.