Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   natural/homeopathic remedies for trauma/stress? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85131)

titania 01-14-2007 06:23 PM

natural/homeopathic remedies for trauma/stress?

can anyone point me in the right direction or offer suggestions for something i can do for or give my baby? he seems to be, i don't know, different since going through the trauma of breaking his leg and going to the hospital twice. :cry: he was just starting to occasionally sleep through the night, and the one time a night he would wake i could either hold him for a few or nurse him for 2 mins and he'd be fine. now, he's up several times per night and he insists on nursing back to sleep, which can take upwards of 15 mins, and often he will wake again after 20 mins. :banghead: im so worried he is having nightmares or something. so i was thinking maybe there is some remedy or something i can give him. does anyone know? what else should i do? he is also refusing to eat most of the time, though im not sure if that is becasue he is now uncomfortable in his chair. he is just a different kid now. :cry:

kugrinic 01-14-2007 07:36 PM

Re: natural/homeopathic remedies for trauma/stress?

Does he take any OTC pain meds like tylenol? If not I would start there, he might be very uncomftable KWIM? I know my son had a full arm cast (he had a Cong. mole removed off his wrist), and he was pretty strange for about 1-2 weeks.

I'm sorry Mama I hope you find what you need:hugs:

june weaver 01-14-2007 08:24 PM

A couple of things come to mind. Hylands teething tabs may help, or Calms or Calms Forte. Arnica is traditional for tramatic injury. Also, the library must have some childrens books that would be appropriate and helpful at this time.. When he sleeps he may need his casted leg supported in some way. . Maybe some activities that get him moving with out weight on the leg , like being pulled in a wagon. Also, any new activity that will get his mind off like finger painting or pudding smearing. Change pace and take frequent rest breaks...set a timer. Your whole family needs to heal from this trama, too.. Cuddle more, hang out, cry, be angry, grieve, be gentle with each other. Can you get some help so you can be rested to meet his regression/readjustment/attachment needs? And, he may be picking up on your anxiety around the possibility of his leg maybe needing to be reset. Can you go to a ped or own doc? Lots of hugs mama.

sienna 01-14-2007 08:42 PM

If it were me, i would start cosleeping, if you aren't already. that is a great cure for anxiety on the part of the lil ones.

S

sienna 01-14-2007 08:57 PM

If it were me, i would start cosleeping, if you aren't already. that is a great cure for anxiety on the part of the lil ones.

S

tsk_mum 01-14-2007 09:00 PM

I agreee with the suggestion to co-sleep & keep him close for his comfort. You can also try Calms Forte:thumbsup:

iris0110 01-14-2007 10:11 PM

What about Rescue Remedy? I used it alot during the end of my pregnancy, labor and shortly after delivery. That was a particularly stressful time for me. Also like a PP mentioned, Arnica is wonderful. It was a life saver right after I delivered ds2. I believe Hylands makes a remedy for bumps and bruises that might provide some relief as well. I really trust hylands products. I have never tried Calms Forte, but I hear wonderful things about it.

june weaver 01-15-2007 10:14 AM

Hope all is well with you and yours. Please update us all and combine with leg drama thread so you can get all of our attentions.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

doberbrat 01-15-2007 11:09 AM

arnica is for pain/swelling
ignatia is for grief
rescue remedy is a good all around anti anxiety.
hypericum would be for nerve pain from the broken leg.

thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I go to a homeopath reg so I just take what she tells me to.

homebirthmom 01-15-2007 11:19 AM

ah!!! just wanted to say so sorry ot hear about your little one breaking something!!! :crying: