Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ~Mama Cloth~ Testimonial Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852696)

Bellibowbottoms 10-12-2009 10:39 AM

~Mama Cloth~ Testimonial Thread

I have a dear friend considering switching to MC to help with her heavy, crampy periods. If you would like to share your experience here to help her and others who are thinking about making the switch, it would be most appreciated. :thumbsup:

Here's mine

I've been using MC for 21-22 cycles. I have a 3-4 day cycle, one day is bleeding the other days are spotting. I have almost NO cramps now. I used to have monster cramps. I think it took almost a year to get to where the cramps were no longer there.

I would never go back to paper pads after this. I used to think my period was itchy, but it's the paper pads that are itchy. I love my cloth pads, they are so comfy and wonderful. :thumbsup:

mamastep 10-12-2009 10:43 AM

Re: ~Mama Cloth~ Testimonial Thread

ok i have really been wanting to switch, but really the only thing holding me back is work - what do i do while i'm at work?

Mom23kids 10-12-2009 10:44 AM

Well, I just used my new mama cloth for the first time this past week, but it wasn't a "regular" period, I had a miscarriage. :cry: I only bled for 5 days(I usually bleed/spot for 6-8 with a period), had no cramps, and it just made the experience more bearable because I got to use pretty pads. They are very comfy and soft, and they DO NOT LEAK! I was so excited about that.

Mom23kids 10-12-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamastep (Post 8624476)
ok i have really been wanting to switch, but really the only thing holding me back is work - what do i do while i'm at work?

I just took mine in a small wet bag and kept it in my purse, and just took my whole purse with me to the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal.

mamastep 10-12-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom23kids (Post 8624495)
I just took mine in a small wet bag and kept it in my purse, and just took my whole purse with me to the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal.

ok, well that would work i guess. thanks!

so sorry for your loss mama! :hugs:

justbishop 10-12-2009 10:49 AM

I just tried them for the first time on my last cycle. I woke up in the middle of the night crampy and had started. Put on a sposie pad (didn't have any of my cloth in the master bathroom) and went back to sleep crampy. Woke up in the morning crampy. Put on a cloth pad and no lie, the cramping was gone within 10 minutes!

Bellibowbottoms 10-12-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom23kids (Post 8624487)
Well, I just used my new mama cloth for the first time this past week, but it wasn't a "regular" period, I had a miscarriage. :cry: I only bled for 5 days(I usually bleed/spot for 6-8 with a period), had no cramps, and it just made the experience more bearable because I got to use pretty pads. They are very comfy and soft, and they DO NOT LEAK! I was so excited about that.

Oh so sorry mama! :cry: :hugs:

Janine 10-12-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamastep (Post 8624476)

I have a few pads and my Lunette in a small, double-sided wetbag and I take that into the bathroom. The clean pads/Lunette are in one side and the dirty ones go in the other side. :)

Bellibowbottoms 10-12-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janine (Post 8624579)
I have a few pads and my Lunette in a small, double-sided wetbag and I take that into the bathroom. The clean pads/Lunette are in one side and the dirty ones go in the other side. :)

I really need one of those.

birdseye 10-12-2009 11:04 AM

I had chronic yeast infections for about 10 years. The last 2-3 years (of the 10), I would get a yeast infection every 4-6 weeks. In the summer of 2007, I was doing some research on the internet and stumbled upon mama cloth. I have only had two yeast infections since switching to mama cloth!!

My cycle also lightened and shortened from 5 days to 3 days. The heaviest flow I have is medium flow for part of the 2nd day!!