Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Which diapers have you had worst experiences with? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854967)

Winter 10-15-2009 11:16 AM

Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

1 Attachment(s)
Let's hear your absolute least favorite diapers and why they didn't work out for you. My first impression with DD2 was with gDiapers. I bought a trial pack on a whim and used just 2 gDiapers with fabric burp cloths for a summer of naps and nights. I washed both diapers every day and by the end of the summer, she was toilet trained for night and day! (Although not without a few poopy diaper removing mishaps in the bedroom!:yuck:)I was sooo excited to be pregnant again and I was determined that gDiapers would be my choice for the next babe. OH WAS I WRONG! I scoured ebay and craigslist for deals on gdiapes with fun colors. By the time E was born I had 12 smalls in beautiful colors, 8 mediums in brown & blue (These were new and OWWW the pain $$$$) and a stash of flushable liners big enough to diaper a newborn for 5 months! BUT. HIS. LEGS. WERE. NOT. CHUBBY. ENOUGH!!!!So every time he wet, if I didn't change him right away, he was wet. Some nights he would be changed 4 times and he was still wet in the morning! Just the thing a mama needs when she already has 2 kids, right?:headscratch: So I happened upon some BumGenius 3.0s in a store & bought 8. :drif: I love those diapers so much, the obsession began! (If it hadn't already!) It was enough to make me sell all my gDiapers and go back and buy more BGs, and now I am about to officially open my online CDing store! So tell me ladies, what are your worst diapering choices?

abarker 10-15-2009 11:40 AM

Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

Not sure if your gDiaper problem was due to having them on backwards or not (I've never used them), but I do know the "g" logo and velcro goes to the back.

As for legs not chubby enough, I had a similar problem with my little one. Until they bulked up, I used some xsmall fitted diapers as even at just under 8lbs, the bumGenius diapers were still too big in the leg openings.

I've never really had a "bad" diaper. I have heard a lot of bad things about Kushies, and it kind of sounds like a case of "you get what you pay for" with them. Cheap diaper= cheap performance. Again, I have not tried these ones either due to a lot of negative stories.

Winter 10-15-2009 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=abarker;8651847]"Not sure if your gDiaper problem was due to having them on backwards or not (I've never used them), but I do know the "g" logo and velcro goes to the back.

As for legs not chubby enough, I had a similar problem with my little one. Until they bulked up, I used some xsmall fitted diapers as even at just under 8lbs, the bumGenius diapers were still too big in the leg openings."

I tried the diapers both ways with the same results. The g showed in the pic because I was just about to sell all but the one he was wearing, and I was so sad to see them go. I even tried calling the help line, to no avail. The thing that really made me want to eat glass was that the mediums were never washed or used, but I had bought them too long ago for them to allow a return, even though they were unused! I got majorly gouged with those. Too bad I hadn't known about Diaper Swappers then! I didn't switch him to BGs until he was 6 weeks old, and they fit him great then.

33andunder 10-16-2009 08:10 AM

So far my worst experience has been Blue penguin/Sposoeasy. I'm sure they are a great diaper, as so many people rave about them, but the medium is a mile too wide for us, and the small is too short in the rise. I wanted them to work for us so badly, as they really do have great reviews, but we just can't get a good fit.

4littlenorskes 10-16-2009 09:17 AM

I need to disagree with slamming a diaper because of fit-because each baby is built soooo differently. I would consider rating a diaper based on quality of craftsmanship, materials, how it holds up after numerous washings, customer service, etc. Personally I can't stand pocket diapers, I used BumGenius pockets for a week and I'm not turning back but everything else about the diaper is wonderful, just a personal thing & the fit was just ok on my lo but I'm not going to slam it for fit.
I agree with other person you get what you pay for in most cases, if you buy a cheap diaper expect cheap materials.:goodvibes:
I don't want this to come across harsh.:blush: I just see so many bad reviews on a dipe because of fit, just because it doesn't fit my lo doesn't mean it won't fit yours great and be the most awesome diaper you have ever used!
Good luck with your store!!:giggle:

Liddle1 10-16-2009 11:32 AM

well regarding the fit, if a diaper tends to fit a lot of babies wrong like spososeasy does (a LOT of people complain that they were unusable due to wing droop including myself) then I would tend to stay away from it.

I would say the diapers I probably hated the most were my thirsties all in ones. they repelled, leaked, pilled, and the elastic got loose within 6 months. they're still usable but only for naps since if he runs around in them he has big gaping holes around his thighs. I never had so many problems with a diaper before.

BG's I probably would have liked better right off the bat if I had stuffed them with a smaller insert but I didn't know they existed back then and didn't use them because they were too bulky. plus I got ripped off $350 buying a lot of used BG's that I didn't realize the leg elastic was completely rotten so no wonder they didn't fit. not BG's fault though.

33andunder 10-16-2009 06:12 PM

I don't see how mentioning how a diaper does or doesn't fit our baby is slamming a diaper. For us it was a diaper experience that didn't work out for us. I thought I had done my research, and knew what I wanted, but the fit didn't work out.

Winter 10-16-2009 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=4littlenorskes;8659455]I need to disagree with slamming a diaper because of fit-because each baby is built soooo differently. I would consider rating a diaper based on quality of craftsmanship, materials, how it holds up after numerous washings, customer service, etc. Personally I can't stand pocket diapers, I used BumGenius pockets for a week and I'm not turning back but everything else about the diaper is wonderful, just a personal thing & the fit was just ok on my lo but I'm not going to slam it for fit.

I think that the way a diaper fits a child is part of the equation, but the above poster makes a good point in saying "the quality of craftsmanship, materials, how it holds up after numerous washings, customer service, etc." is important, too. If a diaper has a fit issue with many babies, then it is good to know and keep in mind that what works for some does not always work for others.
I thought this thread would be as equally informative as the thread with people stating their all time favorites. It is still good to look at the reasons people don't like a diaper, even if it was about poor fit. Then a person can say, okay my baby is skinny, or chubby, or tall etc. and avoid making the same costly mistakes.:2cents:

tarnator 10-16-2009 11:04 PM

I have a ton of different types of diapers.....yes, I went crazy. And weirdly i haven't had a problem with any of them!

I didn't LIKE Blueberry or Econappi, too bulky - but they worked. Or the velcro on BGs. I am too lazy for prefolds. :) Everything has done the job so far, and I just grab something different depending on my mood. I don't love microfiber for potential stink issues - but again, I have never had a problem with it!

Oh yeah, had a nasty time with some Huggies blowing out in the early days - but that doesn't count, right? ;0

justjess 10-17-2009 12:42 AM

well for our stash seems like i tend to like different things at different stages. i have a newborn and an almost 2 yr old in cloth now and WOW what a difference. i LOVE my oldest in prefolds but the little man just pees through them so fast we actually went through 6 prefolds in an hour on him! he's a peeing machine! the worst experience we've had would be the bg3.0 the elastic went out 3months after owning them and i ended up switching the velcro to snaps cause it curled up so horribly at about the same time. rumparooz i LOVE but my son is off the charts when it comes to height and weight and so he outgrew the rise and the thigh size super early so they are just sitting now not being used. happy heiny OS is awesome but wing droop is an irritation (not an issue with preformance though) i do agree that blueberry is rather thick but super nice! goodmama is what we have been using mostly now just because they are about the only thing that holds the amount of pee that my son puts out at one time but those are gonna have to get put aside for some homemade dipes soon cause he's outgrowing the goodmamas and the snaps are leaving nasty marks sometimes. i'm excited about making dipes but it sure is fun to be able to do a little online shopping for diapers everynow and then!!LOL good luck with your store what fun!