Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   WAHM Announcements (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WAHMs who offer LayAway (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855585)

Baltic Creations 10-16-2009 08:39 AM

WAHMs who offer LayAway

I have decided to start offering Christmas (and ongoing) LayAway for mamas who are on a budget to be able to get the things they want for christmas while still being able to afford to do so. I really feel with the economy being the way it is now that it would be very beneficial for many mamas to do this thus this thread.

In this thread please post if you are willing to do a layaway plan and if so what your terms and conditions are.

Baltic Creations 10-16-2009 08:42 AM

Re: STICKY PLEASE! WAHMs who offer LayAway

Baltic Creations:

YES I will do layaway plans on my website http://balticcreations.net

NO fees to start the lay away, but 20% non refundable deposit down is required! layaways will be a max of 6 weeks with the remaining 80% divided up between the 6 weeks. that amount is the minimum to be paid each week. you can pay more to get the layaway out sooner!

there is no minimum or maximum purchase price to do a layaway but it must be paid out and shipped at least 1 week prior to christmas to insure on time Christmas delivery!

please note* The layaway plans do not qualify for sales those are for immediate payments! thanks for the understanding.

Aydensmama8278:

I think the layaway plan is a great idea! my beanies I make are at a great price now, I made them low due to the economy and I want people to be able to buy something for their children or as a gift at reasonable prices. I am very willing to do a layaway plan if someone is interested in ordering from me but needs to pay a little at a time expecially if it is a large order
www.littleladybugstore.etsy.com
I also give discounts on large orders

River City Boutique (Chunky Bunz Diapers)

layaway from instocks would be 15% of price- plus payments at least 1 x a week. depending on the price of instock would need to be paid out in one month

also- customs layaway- 15% upfront- and that will hold the custom spot and fabrics picked. then- once half is paid.. i need finals on print choices ect.

each payment for layway must be paid- with your layaway number- through the HC slot i would put on my site just for you. no last names of course. each person would have a layaway number and first name with last initial.

customs can take up to 30 days to pay half.

momma4of6 NOW Absolute Delights:

i offer layaway. HC shop here

munchkinflame13:

I will offer ongoings layaways.

To start a layaway, please pm me with the items you are interested in and I will lyk the total. I will require a 15% nonrefundable deposit before I start making your items. I will be very flexible as far as how often you can pay, etc. If for some reason you need to cancel the order, there will be a 15% restocking fee (which would be covered by the initial 15% deposit).

reachtothestars:

I will be offering a lay away plan.

KK Deisgns www.hyenacart.com/kkdesigns
www.hyenacart.com/princessfluffybutt

10% down - If you cancel after 7 days I keep the 10%

Every week at least 10% of your purchase is due.

You can finish payment at any time, or cancel for a refund minus your 10% down.

Gift wrap will also be available for $2 per package.

I am sorry but customs with names on them or other very specific information must be paid in full but can be shipped with your lay away to save on shipping.

baturay:

I offer layaway in both of my sites

www.slingsilove.com

www.pieceofcloth.com

~mypreciousbabies~:

This is what i have come up with for mine...any comments or suggestions?

I am happy to announce that as of 11.1.9 I will be offering lay-a-way on my instock items =) 10% is required down and weekly or bi-weekly payment to follow.

Terms

* 10% non-refundable payment is required at the time of purchase.
* Only available to in-stock items at the moment, sorry.
* When checking out in my store use the code "LAW10%" This will take off the 90% from your total
* Payment can be made weekly or bi weekly. Weekly payment are at least 10% and Bi-weekly payment are at least 20% (those are the minimum due. You are welcome to pay more if you like.)
* If you would like your order by Christmas, full payment must be received by 12.15.9 so that I can ship them to get to you in time.
* year round lay a way

sasha299:

Not Your Mama's Cloth Diapers offers an Easy Lay Away Plan.

To help make the burden a little easier so that more people can afford to put their little ones in cloth, we have designed our Easy Layaway Plan. Here are the basics of how it works:

Once you have put the items that you wish to purchase through the Layaway Plan in your cart, you will proceed to checkout. You only need to make a minimum purchase of $25 to qualify for the layaway.

In the space marked "Coupon/Promotional Code", enter the word "LAYAWAY". Your total will be reduced to 30% of the purchase price. This amount is the amount you must pay as a down payment. You will receive an invoice for another 30%, thirty days after the initial purchase. You will receive a second invoice for the remainder thirty days after that. Your Layaway payments are due within 5 days of the invoice date. Once the final payment is received, I will ship your items to you. You may make payments on your items at anytime without receipt of an invoice. Please note that if the price of the item that you are purchasing increases before your item is paid for, you will only be responsible for the price originally agreed upon.

If the total amount due is not paid in full within 90 days or you do not make timely payments, you will be charged a 25% restocking fee and will receive a store credit for the remaining amount that was paid to Not Your Mama's Cloth Diapers.

tlfoster15:

YES!! Just pm me payments are flexible

mich1218 (snooty baby diapers):

My layaway info is here:
http://www.snootybootydiapers.com/st...llary.asp?ID=8

It's available anytime, not just for the holidays!

bellamama (bubble butt daipers)

Layaway plans are always welcome
PM or Email me for details. My email is sara@bubblebuttdiapers.com

boobybaby:

YES we will do layaway too!

$10 fee for starting the lay away, plus 15% non refundable deposit down is required!

Layaways may be for any length of time up to five months with the remaining payments divided up weekly depending on the length of time you decide.

If you need to skip a week that would be no problem.
You can pay more to get the layaway out earlier.

There is no minimum or maximum purchase price to do a layaway.

upcycle mama

I do layaway on longies or large orders. I do a $10 non-refundable materials deposit on customs and payments can be worked out between the buyer and myself based on the need.

KimA

I just started doing layaway!
You have the choice of 1, 2, or 3 moths to pay. There is a 20% restocking fee for canceling and the order doesn't ship until the last payment is made.
You will receive a reminder notice for payment when it is due and have the next 7 days to pay.
This is a great thread!
You can also go to my site for more info www.petitebottoms.com
I am always adding new products and the holiday season is no exception.

winter (Diaper Environment)

I offer LayAway on my site!

http://www.diaperenvi.ca

NCFlanagan

Merrimack Valley Diapers (http://merrimackvalleydiapers.com) is now offering layaway!

Use code LAYAWAY at checkout to make the initial 25% deposit, and we will get in touch with you within 72 hours to set up a payment plan.

We accept PayPal, Credit Cards (serviced through the PP site, but a PP account is not necessary), money orders, personal checks, and cash!

(Click HERE for Layaway policies)

BuggaBuggaBoutique

Yes! I do LawAway and Registries!

There is a 20% non refundable deposit required.

Layaways may be for up to 6 months with the remaining payments divided up weekly or monthly depending on the length of time you decide.

You can pay more/faster to get the layaway shipped out earlier.

There is no minimum or maximum purchase price to do a layaway with me

daisy0306

I also am happy to work out a lay-away/payment plan with my customers I'll require a %15 non-refundable deposit based on your order amount and will work out payment details with you.

daisy0306@hotmail.com

lisanjason

Crow Mountain Crafts
I would be happy to do layaway for anyone. I would require a 20% non-refundable deposit and we can work out payment plans.

mykidsteacher

I offer layaway/payment plans as well.

15% non-refundable deposit, payments up to 6 months, may be weekly or monthly. If it is a custom order, I will only complete the items as they are paid for.

We'll work out payment details individually.

You can contact me through my cart (link in signature) or pm me here.

Jasmini

I offer layaway, pm for details

MrsLovewell

I do layaway for Mary Kay :thumbsup:

10% of the cost of the order is due as a deposit upon placing order.

Layaways may be for up to 8 weeks with the remaining payments divided up weekly or monthly depending on the length of time you decide.

You can pay more per payment to get the layaway shipped out earlier.

There is no minimum or maximum purchase price to do a layaway.

bellybellybuttons

Cloth Diaper Babyz (DS WAHM page)

Layaway
Take advantage of the Sales by using our Layaway
Terms:
10% down/$10 wk payment
Minimum purchase 10 diapers

Visit my store today for the best FuzzBunz prices, sale or no sale. :mrgreen:

ChunkiBunz Diaperz 10-16-2009 09:45 AM

i was thinking about this but honestly.. idk if i should bother kwim? diapers and mama cloth do you think i should? i know the mama cloth would make great gifts but i guess it couldnt hurt right?

i will have to think about terms

Baltic Creations 10-16-2009 09:56 AM

i think it would be a great thing besides who doesnt love diapers? i think it will boost sales!

happylittlefamily 10-16-2009 09:06 PM

I'm not sure about layaway. I think it would be hard to make orders for mamas and then if they cancel, you are kinda stuck with an item that may or may not sell? And if you don't charge a fee upfront, if they cancel, how can you collect the 15%? Hmmm, I'll be interested to see what other mamas are gonna do...

senorajkids 10-16-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happylittlefamily (Post 8665356)
I'm not sure about layaway. I think it would be hard to make orders for mamas and then if they cancel, you are kinda stuck with an item that may or may not sell? And if you don't charge a fee upfront, if they cancel, how can you collect the 15%? Hmmm, I'll be interested to see what other mamas are gonna do...

As for getting the 15% back for cancellations, I as a customer would have no objections to putting down 10 or 15% of my total up front. You have to do that in any b&m store that offers layaway. With custom orders on layaway you just have to trust that the mama is honest. I am not sure about that one. Maybe layaway should be in stock items only.

As far as the amber jewelry is concerned I know it is basically all custom but there is a market for them so I don't feel it would be an issue there!

Baltic Creations 10-16-2009 09:23 PM

well with the customs im thinking they pay as they can and once the almost final payment is made then is when i would do the actual custom not before hand make sense? my turn around is only 24 hours or less so it wouldnt be hard for me i can see some mamas having it harder but if they have collected money on the custom already it shouldnt be a problem if there was a cancellation

aydensmama8278 10-18-2009 06:48 PM

I think the layaway plan is a great idea! my beanies I make are at a great price now, I made them low due to the economy and I want people to be able to buy something for their children or as a gift at reasonable prices. I am very willing to do a layaway plan if someone is interested in ordering from me but needs to pay a little at a time expecially if it is a large order :)
www.littleladybugstore.etsy.com
I also give discounts on large orders

ChunkiBunz Diaperz 10-18-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltic Creations (Post 8665480)
well with the customs im thinking they pay as they can and once the almost final payment is made then is when i would do the actual custom not before hand make sense? my turn around is only 24 hours or less so it wouldnt be hard for me i can see some mamas having it harder but if they have collected money on the custom already it shouldnt be a problem if there was a cancellation

i to think this would be good- because i wont start a custom until its at least half paid. just because i dont always have all the extra time. i would wait till then-

ok so this is what im think-

layaway from instocks would be 15% of price- plus payments at least 1 x a month. depending on the price of instock i would need to be paid within 30 days i am thinking.

also- customs layaway- 15% upfront- and that will hold the custom spot and fabrics picked. then- once half is paid.. i need finals on print choices ect.

each payment for layway must be paid- with your layaway number- through the HC slot i would put on my site just for you. no last names of course. each person would have a layaway number and first name with last initial.
customs can take up to 30 days to pay half.

wdyt?

i am still thinking about this as i have never done this before.

i also think a restock fee if they cancel plus they loose there deposit?? is that how it works?

happylittlefamily 10-18-2009 10:14 PM

My concern with diapers or most other fabric type orders, is that if you have to order a particular print for a custom order, you are out that money no matter what if they end up canceling. And you'd have to order to get in time to start working on the custom. I don't know. I think it would be too hard to juggle that with regular orders. Now for something like felt foods, or items that have easy to find supplies, I think it's a great idea. I just don't think I could do that with diapers and such, just in case, God forbid, I can't get the print when they have paid up enough for me to order their materials. I could definitely see doing layaway on basic items though.