Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is this Chickenpox? UPDATE (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85613)

mom2kailinconnor 01-15-2007 05:42 PM

Is this Chickenpox? UPDATE

So dd has a few red bumps on her. 1 is scabbed over, 1 is starting to scab over and the others are just red, but if you touch them, they do feel hard/crusty :yuck:. Anyhow, my first thought is bed bugs b/c she has new sheets that I did not was before putting on her bed and she has not been exposed to chickenpox that I know of. Then I think more and realize that it is probably not bed bugs b/c we don't have even one single bug that we have ever seen in this house and she has been sleeping on the sheets a couple of weeks and these are just now showing up. So, I call my mom to ask her and find out my cousin's daughter was just getting over CP on Christimas Eve, WTH!! Seriously, who brings their kid around other kids when they have CP?? I am so PO'd right now if that is what this is. Not only for dd's sake, but ds, and mine b/c I only ever had a very mild case and it is likely I will get it again. Not to mention I now itch all over.

UPDATE: It is CP!! We just got back from the dr. and she confirmed it. Maybe it won't get any worse. She still hasn't developed any more so I am crossing my fingers.

mistylaureena 01-15-2007 05:47 PM

Re: Is this Chickenpox? Need mamas with experience PLEASE!!

It sure looks like ChickenPox to me....but to tell you the truth, i d want my child exposed earlier than later... i didnt get it until I was 15 and becasue of taht i had it sooo bad!! Younger kids dont get it as bad as older kids and adults...

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-15-2007 05:49 PM

yep, looks like it to me too, get that calamine lotion:hugs:

mom2kailinconnor 01-15-2007 05:52 PM

I guess I am just mainly aggrevated b/c they didn't even tell us that she had it. Plus, now ds is exposed and he is only 7 months and my other cousin's dd and she is only 5 months. While I would rather her have it now than later, I would have at least liked to have been told about it. I guess dh said he remembered them casually mentioning it as they walked out the door :banghead:

Oh, and we were supposed to be heading to Dallas this weekend to see my baby neice that I have yet to see. Guess that is out now too :cry:

ETA: I also now need to call like 30 people b/c she was at a bday party on Sat. All these things could have been prevented if I had only known. Okay, the more I type the more mad I get.

iris0110 01-15-2007 05:53 PM

Looks like it to me. Looks just like the pics of my brother when he had it. He had it at about 5. Oatmeal baths help alot, as does calamine lotion. Lots of rest and comfort foods. It is good that you will be getting it out of the way. I don't think you will necessarily get it again. I had a pretty mild case at 9 months old and I have never had it since despite repeated exposure. Your son should be fine at 7 months. I am hoping that the boys will get it soon and get it done with.

ETA: I don't blame you for being angry that they didn't mention it. It always irks the hell out of me when my family does this. My nephew is eternally sick from his daycare and they inevitably bring him around the boys without warning. I am sorry that it ruined your plans for this weekend.

mom2kailinconnor 01-15-2007 05:54 PM

Oh and again, how quickly will this spread? She doesn't seem to be getting a lot of them very fast.

iris0110 01-15-2007 06:00 PM

She may not get alot. Some kids don't. But I think it only takes a couple of days to get all of the spots they are going to get if I remember right. After that they start slowly fading away. Does she have a fever at all yet?

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-15-2007 06:02 PM

they can start popping out like crazy and she is very contagiouos right now until they start scabing

mistylaureena 01-15-2007 06:02 PM

some kids dont get alot at all...it really will show up more in hot spots and if she scratches it---it will spread then, but thats the beauty of younger kids getting it cuz they dont always get it too bad...

allye 01-15-2007 06:02 PM

some kids don't have them all over, I know when I had it, it was only on my upper torso... same with my sister.