Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867923)

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-05-2009 06:24 AM

PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!

This is a quick reminder that is it AGAINST paypal regulations to mark payments as "payment owed" when you are buying goods. This makes it against the rules here as well.

Payments MUST be marked as "goods" not services or anything else :thumbsup:

You have no protection when paying by these other methods offered.

PLEASE report all threads that you see where seller is asking payment be marked as ANYTHING other than "goods". Report a thread/post by hitting the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of post.

Also, ALL packages MUST be sent with Delivery Confirmation. Delivery confirmation is to protect the SELLER and should be included in your price.

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.

Neptunebaby 11-05-2009 07:52 AM

Re: PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!

Thank you for posting this!

The last part about asking for a buyer to cover fees is also AGAINST paypal regulations. It's so much easier just to factor it into the price before hand.

emp1217 11-05-2009 09:42 AM

THANK YOU for posting this!

MamaDee 11-05-2009 10:57 AM

Oh, thanks for posting this! I recently bought something from someone who asked me to mark it "payment owed" and I forgot. It was my first transaction so I didn't know better, but now I'm so glad I forgot. Thank you!

cherryswede 12-09-2009 06:05 PM

Oh wow! I had no idea! I paid for a diaper from a mama on Diaper Sewing Divas and she had me pay for it "personal". I had no idea. Thank you so muc for this great information!

lovingmyboy 12-30-2009 05:10 PM

ugh I just bought something and marked it payment owed...I didn't realize it was a no no :-/

OliviaN 02-11-2010 11:01 AM

Can someone explain what it means to mark a payment as payment owned? I' haven't ever seen this come up.

tarinalynn 02-26-2010 06:09 PM

What does it mean when someone asks for 'Funded Paypal Only"? There have been many items I would be interested in purchasing but the thread says funded paypal. Since I do not know what it is I am unsure how to do it. Would someone mind pm'ing me please so I get the response? Much appreciated!

juliemomof4 07-17-2010 03:12 PM

Good to know.

christinakay 07-31-2010 01:45 AM

ty