Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PLEASE READ! In regards to Paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867924)

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-05-2009 06:26 AM

PLEASE READ! In regards to Paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!!

This is a quick reminder that is it AGAINST paypal regulations to mark payments as "payment owed" when you are buying goods. This makes it against the rules here as well.

Payments MUST be marked as "goods" not services or anything else :thumbsup:

You have no protection when paying by these other methods offered.

PLEASE report all threads that you see where seller is asking payment be marked as ANYTHING other than "goods". Report a thread/post by hitting the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of post.

Also, ALL packages MUST be sent with Delivery Confirmation. Delivery confirmation is to protect the SELLER and should be included in your price.

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.

rubyred7 04-25-2010 08:35 PM

Re: PLEASE READ! In regards to Paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!!

I have a question I have PP but I do not have a printer.Well I do BUT this old crappy laptop doesn't support anything.Says the usb is running a 1 and I need a 2.Its stupid I know

MOMentous 07-23-2010 07:40 PM

Re: PLEASE READ! In regards to Paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!!

Good to know, thanks!

~happy2Bamommy~ 07-24-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubyred7 (Post 10103785)
I have a question I have PP but I do not have a printer.Well I do BUT this old crappy laptop doesn't support anything.Says the usb is running a 1 and I need a 2.Its stupid I know

Sorry. Just saw this.

I do not have a printer either or a scale to weigh items. This means that every time I ship something I have to go to the Post Office to pay for postage and DC on a package.

I think that with everything I have sold I could totally have paid for a printer with what I would have saved on DC by using paypal shipping :lostit:

AmazinMom6 09-08-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 8811388)
Payments MUST be marked as "goods" not services or anything else :thumbsup:
You have no protection when paying by these other methods offered.
PLEASE report all threads that you see where seller is asking payment be marked as ANYTHING other than "goods". Report a thread/post by hitting the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of post.

I do not understand the difference between "goods" and "services" and I read over the PayPal site and they do not really explain either.

BabyBottomsUp25 09-24-2010 08:33 AM

Thank you, this was great info.

~happy2Bamommy~ 09-24-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazinMom6 (Post 11179921)
I do not understand the difference between "goods" and "services" and I read over the PayPal site and they do not really explain either.

Sorry, just saw this! "Services" falls under personal payments and will not provide the sellerw ith a shipping address. The buyer will not be protected through paypal either since they didn't pay for "goods". If "goods" don't arrive to them they can't open a claim through paypal and say they are actually missing something if they marked payemnt as being for a "service" :thumbsup:

kese417 04-09-2011 11:56 AM

Thanks!

Zanieb 06-20-2013 08:49 AM

I think sellers should also make it known how soon they need a response/payment. I recently got a note with paypal address and then paid that evening. Only for the seller to refund my money and say, she didn't here from me so she sold them. WTF!!!

This isn't an auction. The courteous thing is to send a reply that asks, are you still interested or say in your response for payment, please send payment with xyz hours. It was my first purchase and now I am feeling a bit negative and jaded about the process. If I wanted an auction, I would go on ebay, at least I have a fair shot.

~happy2Bamommy~ 06-20-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanieb (Post 16693473)
I think sellers should also make it known how soon they need a response/payment. I recently got a note with paypal address and then paid that evening. Only for the seller to refund my money and say, she didn't here from me so she sold them. WTF!!!

This isn't an auction. The courteous thing is to send a reply that asks, are you still interested or say in your response for payment, please send payment with xyz hours. It was my first purchase and now I am feeling a bit negative and jaded about the process. If I wanted an auction, I would go on ebay, at least I have a fair shot.

If she saw that you opened her reply with her paypal address and you did not respond to her or pay after reading her pm, she was actually within reason to sell them :hugs:

Sometimes several moms will express interest but then not pay. This happens a lot on here. If I send someone my paypal,she reads my pm and doesn't pay, I'm selling to the next interested mama.

I'm not sure if that is what happened here but it sounds like it may have :hugs:

Ebay does auctions. We don't here. First to pay gets the items unless an agreement was reached about holding an item for an extended length of time. Many moms will give several hours,not all do.

Hopefully you find what you missed out on.