Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867928)

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-05-2009 07:32 AM

PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!

This is a quick reminder that is it AGAINST paypal regulations to mark payments as "payment owed" when you are buying goods. This makes it against the rules here as well.

Payments MUST be marked as "goods" not services or anything else :thumbsup:

You have no protection when paying by the other methods offered.

PLEASE report all threads that you see where seller is asking payment be marked as ANYTHING other than "goods". Report a thread/post by hitting the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of post.

Also, ALL packages MUST be sent with Delivery Confirmation. Delivery confirmation is to protect the SELLER and should be included in your price.

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.

MamaP3 08-21-2010 08:00 PM

Re: PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!

Will you please explain how to purchase items. I tried to look on the faq and didn't have much success. i have quote or replied to a couple of posts and nothing in return. Maybe i am not doing it right. Please help!

techanne 07-29-2011 11:10 AM

If I have made an agreement with a seller, via PM, and sent them money through Paypal two days ago, and have yet to hear anything, and paypal isn't showing as shipping, at what point do I make a complaint? This seller has good reviews, but not hearing ANYTHING for two days, and I've asked them to confirm they got the payment...

Tina5834 07-29-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techanne (Post 13455986)
If I have made an agreement with a seller, via PM, and sent them money through Paypal two days ago, and have yet to hear anything, and paypal isn't showing as shipping, at what point do I make a complaint? This seller has good reviews, but not hearing ANYTHING for two days, and I've asked them to confirm they got the payment...

I believe they have 5 business days to ship

techanne 07-29-2011 01:45 PM

Thanks!

kastolzm 01-08-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 8811414)

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.

How should the post be written to say buyer pays fees? I just had this happen where I sold diapers for $30ppd, the buyer sent the money, but listed me as paying fees, so I received $28.83? Should I say "price is $30ppd + pp fees?"

Also, how should it be handled if the PO damaged the packaged and one of the diapers is off in Post Office Land...and the buyer only received two? Thanks!!

Tina5834 01-08-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kastolzm (Post 14413508)
How should the post be written to say buyer pays fees? I just had this happen where I sold diapers for $30ppd, the buyer sent the money, but listed me as paying fees, so I received $28.83? Should I say "price is $30ppd + pp fees?"

Also, how should it be handled if the PO damaged the packaged and one of the diapers is off in Post Office Land...and the buyer only received two? Thanks!!

I wouldn't do that. I would say that it's $33ppd. Add the fees into your price. It's easier that way. If the PO lost the diaper I believe you still have to refund for the lost diaper. But I'm not sure.

retromommy2 01-31-2012 04:55 PM

When paying through paypal, does the seller send an invoice, or do you send the seller money? How does that work during a transaction?

Tina5834 01-31-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retromommy2 (Post 14562725)
When paying through paypal, does the seller send an invoice, or do you send the seller money? How does that work during a transaction?

The seller usually gives the buyer their PP addy and the buyer sends PP that way.

dhscookie 09-01-2012 01:45 PM

Good to know!