Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   When to POAS??? update Dec 1 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873972)

daisy0306 11-14-2009 03:27 PM

When to POAS??? update Dec 1

BFN, AF showed up this morning :(
-----------------------------------------------------

DH and I had an oopsie on night 7, I had just finished my period that night. The first day of my period was November 6th, so it may have been too early for anything to happen.My cycles are usually 25 days. I have no idea when I ovulate, I usually just mark the first and last days of my period on the calender.

I'm getting sooo nervous and just want to POAS NOW even though I know that it would never show up :giggle2: When should I POAS??

~LiLaC~ 11-14-2009 03:31 PM

Re: When to POAS???

Do you mean Nov. 6th? If it was October then you would already have a missed period, right?

daisy0306 11-14-2009 03:39 PM

LOL!! Yes, I mean November 6th. I'll change that.

Computermama 11-14-2009 04:16 PM

I can't imagine that you'd ovulate early enough for it to be a problem - you'd only be on CD7. I'd wait at least 2 weeks before peeing on any sticks, and probably since the chances are pretty slim wait until you're due for AF.

daisy0306 11-14-2009 04:46 PM

I'm so not sure. I'm already getting sticky fertile mucus. This is my calender. If the sperm lives that long it could catch it on the very last day.

daisy0306, password butterfly

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

persnickety 11-14-2009 04:49 PM

If you oopsie was on day 7, and you ovulate between day 12 and 14, then it is possible - since sperm can live for up to 5-7 days. Tests are only accurate after implantation (because before that the cells that will be the baby aren't sharing blood or anything, so the hormone that shows up on the test can't be there yet). So... 5 days before your period would usually come is the general rule for "early" tests. Or day 23ish of your cycle? (because the "5days" rule assumes the average woman w/ her mythical 28 day cycle and O on day 14 - and we all know that happens to everyone -right? )

good luck!

daisy0306 11-14-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persnickety (Post 8884375)
If you oopsie was on day 7, and you ovulate between day 12 and 14, then it is possible - since sperm can live for up to 5-7 days. Tests are only accurate after implantation (because before that the cells that will be the baby aren't sharing blood or anything, so the hormone that shows up on the test can't be there yet). So... 5 days before your period would usually come is the general rule for "early" tests. Or day 23ish of your cycle? (because the "5days" rule assumes the average woman w/ her mythical 28 day cycle and O on day 14 - and we all know that happens to everyone -right? )

good luck!

Thank you! That is so long to wait, I'm going to go bonkers before then!

The Fancy Pansy 11-14-2009 06:07 PM

I already told you everything I know, but thought I should add that I'm on cd 11 of a 24 day cycle, so we're kinda cycle buddies, and I will totally be here to help you wait! :mrgreen:

daisy0306 11-14-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 8884797)
I already told you everything I know, but thought I should add that I'm on cd 11 of a 24 day cycle, so we're kinda cycle buddies, and I will totally be here to help you wait! :mrgreen:

I was just thinking about that! I going back and forth between excited and terrified! Are you TTC this cycle??

The Fancy Pansy 11-14-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy0306 (Post 8885081)
I was just thinking about that! I going back and forth between excited and terrified! Are you TTC this cycle??

Yes! :mrgreen: I'll PM you to blabber. :giggle: