Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   please help me with pinching (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8747)

Mickiswing 05-25-2006 12:39 PM

please help me with pinching

nak

My dd Charlie is now 11 months and she's turned into a horrible pincher especially when she nurses. I have scratches and bruises all over the back of my arms. Is there anything I can do? I may just have to get a nursing necklace and hope it helps, but I haven't found one yet that catches my eye. Any other ideas?

TIA!

wbkt8 05-25-2006 01:01 PM

Re: please help me with pinching

:hugs: pinching is so hard. dd's only pinches while she's twiddling....does wearing a long sleeved shirt help any? (not that that's a great summer option)

other ppl have suggested (particularly during the daytime) treating pinching just like you would biting - stopping the nursing session (for like 30 sec or whatever - it doesn't really take very long to get your point across to an infant), putting her down, and letting her know calmly that you don't pinch. then try again.

also giving her something else to hold on to - pref. something tactile like a soft silky blanket/cloth, nursing necklace, etc.

some people have success with holding their child's hand.

For The Love Of Cloth 05-25-2006 05:06 PM

I've been having the pinching troubles this last week, too. I've done like Katie said and just ds down after a gentle "no pinching, that hurts mama". He likes my reaction if I make much to do about it.

DS # 1 used to and still does pick on some moles on my arms. That's been almost impossible to break.

Shanna 05-25-2006 05:35 PM

Get a nursing necklace!!! Or two! Helped a bunch w/ my pincher. I used to get a ton of bruises all up and down the back of my arm!

:)
Shanna

Christy 05-25-2006 06:07 PM

We got my Dd one of those lovey blankets with the silk on the edges and she plays would play with that instead of me. She still loves that blanket and she's 4 now.

Mickiswing 05-25-2006 06:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your help! She's drawn blood a couple times today - yeowch! I'm going to start treating it like a biting thing and I hope it helps. She has a lovie that she plays with while she's going to sleep, but won't do it during nursing.

I wonder if it's just a soothing thing to them. She does it when I'm carrying her around or she's in a carrier. I thought about putting socks on her hands like you do for a newborn, but I don't think she'd put up with it for very long, LOL!

Thanks again everyone!
Micki