Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   For those that use homeopathic/herbal remedies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87649)

feb0306mommy 01-19-2007 01:33 PM

For those that use homeopathic/herbal remedies

What homeopathic or herbal remedies do you keep on hand for your DC and yourself too??? What is the best thing to boost the immune system???
Thanks in advance

2under2 01-21-2007 08:00 PM

Re: For those that use homeopathic/herbal remedies

we keep unrefined coconut oil around for cuts and diaper rash, and then also if someone is sick we mix a little in with some soup or something
i also have a "kids kit" with homeopathic remedies, i use the belladonna, hepha sulfa, and chamomila (sp?) most. Zinc is really good for the immune system, so is astragalus root, earthclinic.com is a good resourse. oh and probiotics and collodial silver!
we are still learning though!! you can pm with specific ?'s if you want
hth

penny13 01-22-2007 06:24 PM

We have a bunch of different things here... Chamamilla for teething, belladonna for fever, spongia tosta for croupy cough, pulsatta for yellow yucky boogie nose, cina for when she cannot sleep well,
just got some great tinmctures form blessed bee herbs, she is a mamma on here as well..great stuff!!:thumbsup:

Kimmomy2dom 01-22-2007 06:27 PM

Sorry if I hijack, but do ya'll have any good resources (books, websites, etc.) for homeopathic/herbal uses, etc? :D

suziraye 01-22-2007 06:39 PM

Sambucal is awesome! I give it to my DD whenever she acts like she might get snotty or whenever she is around anyone who is sick.
Also, collidal silver kicks butt! I use it on hubby and I.
Natural Factor makes a echanacia viral blend I also use if hubby actually gets something.
Enzymedica makes Virastop, it is an enzyme that eats bad protien which is basically what all cooties are.
I used to run a health food store so I pretty much have everything but these are my favorites.
Sambucal is elderberry juice.
I also suggest www.vitacost.com
it is wayyyy cheaper than buying from a store.

mandikaake 01-22-2007 07:06 PM

We use Herbs for Kids echinacea tincture for the kids as well as a chewable vitamin C without added sugars. My daughter also takes a multi-vitamin by Melaleuca during the winter.

We use hylands teething tablets for teething. We also make sure to keep priobiotics on hand.

I'm allergic to Chamomile and have a very bad reaction to zinc (dry heaves) so we don't keep either on hand.

For me and dh we keep wallys ear oil, ear candles, echinacea and vitamin C. I also use Red Raspberry all the time for my cycle. It helps in regulating it as well as making the pain and everything else that goes with it much less severe and almost non-existant.

For a GREAT referance we use a book called Treat Your Child the Natural Way. Here's
a link to it through amazon. This book has everything in it from homeopathic remedies, traditional, chinese, reflexology points, warning signs, etc... for each ailment in the book. It's an amazing resource for the natural parent.

ndunn 01-22-2007 07:28 PM

Best thing for the immune system is Sodium Ascorbate. It is much harder to find, but works WAY better. *not to be confused with calcium ascorbate, which doesn't work very well*

A good book to start with is

How To Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor by Robert Mendhleson

mimid 01-22-2007 09:56 PM

For the girls, they get .5ml of Herbs for Kids' Echinacea/Astragulus a day for immune support.

ChoiceSoaps 01-23-2007 07:06 AM

We keep echinacea glycerite for immune support. Hylands teething tabs are a must for ds and work great. DS's dr is also a homeopath and he recommends pulsatilla as a great overal remedy for kids with congestion or ear infections. We've used it during his last couple of colds, and it did seem to help with drainage. At night we also put a little eucalyptus essential oil in a vaporizer when he's congested. We have lots of other stuff around here, but that's what we're always reaching for. :)

kezoo 01-23-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandikaake (Post 664489)
We use Herbs for Kids echinacea tincture for the kids...

We use hylands teething tablets for teething. We also make sure to keep priobiotics on hand.

I'm allergic to Chamomile and have a very bad reaction to zinc (dry heaves) so we don't keep either on hand.

For a GREAT referance we use a book called Treat Your Child the Natural Way. Here's
a link to it through amazon. This book has everything in it from homeopathic remedies, traditional, chinese, reflexology points, warning signs, etc... for each ailment in the book. It's an amazing resource for the natural parent.

Same here. Homeopathic remedies that we keep on hand:
belladonna (for fevers - haven't needed it yet - touch wood!)
aconite (fevers, shock)
kali bich (colds, nasal congestion)
pulsatilla (chunky gross colds)
bryonia (colds w/ cold)
nat mur (sneezy colds)
nux vomica (indigestions, also colds)
silica
sulfur
chamomilla
arsen alb (upset tummy, diarrhea, vomiting)
rhus tox (painful joints, ligament pains) - this one's for me, LOL

A great book is "the practical handbook of homeopathy" by Colin Griffith. I just got the book above for Xmas, so I haven't had time to really check it out yet.

Everyday I take fish oil, a probiotic and chlorella. I just started this combo in the summer and so far this winter I've only had one cold and thanks to the homeopathics, it lasted ONE day! :yay: Usually by now I've had at least 3 colds, plus probably one nasty other illness (ear infection, flu, bronchitis, etc.) :D