Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Back to TTC (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880533)

TinkerPlink 11-25-2009 01:17 PM

Back to TTC

I am currently having a MC, so I am climbing back on the TTC train. I am feeling so darn sad, and I feel as though I have nobody to talk to about it. DH isn't showing any emotion - I don't know if he's being strong for me, or if he wasn't emotionally attached yet, as I was very early, only almost 7 weeks along. Since it is so early, we hadn't told anyone about this bean. I told my mom, and called to cry to her this morning, before the Dr confirmed that I am losing the baby. I cannot call any of my girlfriends, as they didn't even know in the first place. So I am unloading my despair here, as I feel I can lean on all of you for support.
The good news? I can start trying again as soon as I ovulate, so about 2 weeks from today. Of course that makes me happy...but the severe cramping today makes it pretty hard to forget what is happening. I was so excited. I hope and pray that I conceive again very soon.

themrshunt 11-25-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Back to TTC

So sorry to hear that. :hugs: :hugs: I hope the pain does not last long and you can have a super sticky bean really soon!

BabyD'sMommy 11-25-2009 02:42 PM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: mama. So sorry you are going through this. Praying you get a really sticky bean soon!! :babydust:

happymama1 11-25-2009 07:38 PM

so sorry for your loss!! I just had a miscarriage on Nov 13th. :( It sucks. I was also very early, so we hadn't told very many people...which makes it easier in some ways, but also very lonely. Even my parents (who we did tell) seem to have moved on already, and havn't even been calling to check on me. They also don't bring it up when I call them...I'm trying to accept that they are busy, and can't relate (they just had 3 healthy pregnancies), and think that I must be okay (since I've been trying to be okay), but it just sucks. I think losing a baby early makes people minimize the loss. We are most likely going to wait a few months to try again since the baby we lost was actually not planned...anyway, didn't want to turn this into a pity party for myself, but I just wanted to let you know that someone else is in the same boat! HUGS!!!!

BleedingBlack 11-25-2009 10:36 PM

I am so sorry for your loss! I just had a m/c on the 24th and are jumping back to TTC.

Hope you get your sticky bean soon!!!

TinkerPlink 11-27-2009 12:23 PM

Thanks for the hugs. Does anyone know of a good place (like a forum) to turn to for M/C support? I have a lot of questions, but don't really see that kind of area here on DS.

scuddles 11-27-2009 01:00 PM

SS for your loss mama. My last loss was at about 7 weeks too and was just a couple of weeks ago. I totally know what you mean about not being able to talk about it--no one knew and I didn't to call people and say--hey guess what, I didn't let you share in the brief joy of my pregnancy, but I want you to give me support now that I lost the baby. Anyway, online friends do help.

I know there is a grief section here, but I don't think there is a specific mc section. However, lots of ladies in TTC have lost one or more babies, so feel free to ask some questions here.

:bighug: for you mama.

TinkerPlink 11-27-2009 02:16 PM

Okay. My first question is how long can I expect to be crampy? The cramping started Tuesday night by 7ish, and I am still pretty crampy now - 4pm on Friday.
Another concern is whether or not I will naturally pass everything. My Dr says I should, but how am I supposed to know? I want to start TTC again within a couple of weeks, but if everything hasn't naturally passed, can't that hurt our chances? Of course, I don't want to have a D&C unless absolutely necessary. I don't actually have an OB, I was in the process of finding a midwife...so I have a family Dr only at the moment. Which means I have to pick an OB asap, or go to the hospital, neither sounds especially attractive.

scuddles 11-27-2009 03:15 PM

I'm not generally very crampy for AF, and I ended up being crampy for about two and a half days. I bled a couple more until I passed what I'm pretty sure was the sac, and then the bleeding slowed down considerably.

I'd had an us and a blood draw for HCG levels just as I was starting to mc. Then, I had another us after I'd pretty much stopped bleeding to confirm that everything was gone--followed by another blood draw two weeks after the first to confirm HCG levels were back down to negative.

Personally, I don't really think the us were completely necessary, but the blood test is good to make sure there's no remaining tissue. Although, just taking another hpt might also be a good way to make sure your hormones were back down. Of course, I'm not a doctor, so this is really just my opinion. No matter what, just make sure that you're paying attention to possible signs of infection (fever and whatnot).

armywife08 11-27-2009 03:53 PM

:cry: i'm so sorry. :hugs: