Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AIO's with a fleece outer (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880750)

Milo's mom 11-25-2009 10:09 PM

AIO's with a fleece outer

I tried to make an AIO's for DS with a fleece outer and it leaked right through. I used 2 layers of anti-pill fleece. So I guess maybe it was the wrong kind of fleece? (It was from Walmart)
Can anyone reccomend what kind of fleece I should be using? Is the blizzard fleece at Joann's good? I am planning on making the trek there on Black Friday to get some fabric. :thumbsup:

Living4Him 11-26-2009 07:59 AM

Re: AIO's with a fleece outer

You should have been fine with the two layers that you used. What are you using for your inner? Was it absorbent enough?

Yes, the blizzard or anti pill from JA's works great too.

Take the one you made and wash it and see if that doesn't help. Maybe add an extra lay in insert to see if that helps.

Good luck, mama:thumbsup:

mommy2abigail 11-26-2009 08:24 PM

:headscratch: I make them with 2 layers of fleece (either anti-pill or blizzard works for us) and have never had a leak...not even compression leaking. For the soaker part, I used the center strip of some old infant prefolds and a layer of OBV. That is a VERY light soaker, especially for a toddler, but still, never had a leak.

GEM Cloth 11-27-2009 06:34 AM

:headscratch: That is strange. We only had a few fleece AIOs since we mostly used t-shirt prefolds but my fave fleece AIO had a hoodie outer, t-shirt inner, and flannel sewn in soaker. If the fleece is polyester it seems like it should work. What did you have on the inside? Where were the leaks?

Babygiggles04 11-27-2009 01:24 PM

Did you use a different kind of liner for the inside? if you sandwich something between 2 layers of anti-pill fleece the water will roll right out because fleece does not absorbs. I use 2 layers of anti-pill and snap on soaker works great!

FaithandAndrewsMom 11-27-2009 03:30 PM

Thanks for all the ideas ladies I was trying to solve this problem, too.

CC Bums 11-27-2009 09:57 PM

i always make them with two layers of fleece.. never have a problem.

sghostkeeper 11-27-2009 11:31 PM

weird i made a pocket aio dipe wiht fleece outer (from walmart) and used a prefold i made as the insert, dd wore it to bed and i had no leak

quirkbean 11-28-2009 10:34 AM

I've noticed the fleece from wal-mart is a bit thin, try fleece from joanns, blizard or anti-pill is fine. I think your prob is not enough absorbant layers in the body. I do one extra from the body like cotton velour/2 bamboo fleece/1 fleece. (two fleece is just too bulky) And a soaker is all up to you, but maybe a contour soaker would help.