Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I messed up my prefolds, didn't I :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881196)

MotherMoonPads 11-27-2009 02:46 PM

I messed up my prefolds, didn't I :(

I embellished them with cotton woven fabric. It's not snappiable, is it :blush:

Is there any easy way to fix this or do I need to just dig out the seam ripper?

mamaof10 11-27-2009 02:49 PM

Re: I messed up my prefolds, didn't I :(

can you carefully cut out a square in the front where the snappi would grab the prefold and stitch around the square to secure the embellishment?

MotherMoonPads 11-27-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof8 (Post 8976412)
can you carefully cut out a square in the front where the snappi would grab the prefold and stitch around the square to secure the embellishment?

That's what my DH suggested too. I'm afraid of it fraying though?

mamaof10 11-27-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads (Post 8976421)
That's what my DH suggested too. I'm afraid of it fraying though?

i would zig zag or some sort of dec stitch over the edge. you could always put that fray block stuff on if you are really worried...

GEM Cloth 11-27-2009 03:36 PM

Just pin them! :giggle2:

MotherMoonPads 11-27-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellemomx3 (Post 8976616)
Just pin them! :giggle2:

I'm scared of pins :blush: :giggle:

bezbabe 11-27-2009 03:53 PM

have you tried with a snappi? i had no clue what i was doing when i embellished my pf's and i did a bunch with woven and they snappi ok. i didn't use them very often and only on a wee one and it's the first and only times i've ever used a snappi (we use fitteds but i wanted to try pf's) so i don't know if that makes a difference? oh and i converted them to mock qsfw and put a tab of fabric on them. the tab was were the snappi hooked on for the sides. they were so weird which is why i didn't even waste real snaps on them...lol...

misidawnrn 11-27-2009 04:23 PM

I will try to make this make sense... cut your square by makinging a big X not by cutting an actual square. fold the triangles of the X under. This will make a square. Then you can sew around the edges of the square but the edges are finished because they are folded fabric. I hope this makes you think of what I am thinking.

cherylchoo 11-27-2009 08:18 PM

You can do the "X" square cut per the previous post to expose the PF material, or you can add a "Snappi patch" to it. You find a piece of coordinating fabric, T&T a small square or rectangle, and then sew that piece where the snappi third leg will go. I've seen it on the Fern and Faerie frugal diaper sewing web site, and she used pieces of an old sweatshirt for the "snappi patches" on the examples.

AmberP 11-27-2009 08:48 PM

My first thoughts were to either rip the seam out of the top portion of the embellishment cut it and fold it, leaving a square of prefold visible, or sacrifice one prefold and add snappiable patches to the top portion of the diaper. I like PP's coordinating fabric idea, too.