Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Very confused about cycle (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882889)

momo5 11-30-2009 04:39 PM

Very confused about cycle

Ok so my cycles are completely sporatic and short. They have been from about 21-25 days. (this is unusual for me) I have tracked ovulation only by cervix, cm, and a few months with tests. I do not get a good nights sleep regularly enough to temp, The times I have tested I get my LH surge late, sometimes day 21 then AF 3 days later. So I have been on Vitex for awhile now, and then used progesterone cream with it for awhile. (attempting to lenghthen the LP) This cycle I upped my Vitex. Also adding Red Rasberry Leaf, and Red Clover this month.

My question is Friday my cervix was high soft open, mucus as good as it ever gets, and today it is back low, tender breasts, and today is when I get the LH surge. (today is day 16 so better) :headscratch: Am I just not "reading" my signs correctly, am I missing the day because I quit too early? Am I confused with when I am oing? I truly am confused here. :banghead:

BTW Progesterone was not a problem in the past but I have conceived when oing late before.

momo5 12-01-2009 07:25 AM

Re: Very confused about cycle

Does no one have any help for me? PLEEEAASSEE I know I don't post here but I lurk doesn't that count? :blush:

why the tender breasts and signs that I have already oed and THEN get the OPK?

I would greatly appreciate help if anyone has any ideas. I have researched a ton and cannot find answers. thanks

lilbitcrunchy 12-01-2009 07:49 AM

How often are you taking the opks? My only thought is that perhaps you caught the downward slope of the surge. Or that your body tried to O and did not so it surged again. Did you start taking the prog over the weekend? That can cause the tender boobs.

I wouldn't assume you couldn't temp. You only need 3 hours and I did it with a night nursing toddler so maybe it's worth a shot. GL!

momo5 12-01-2009 08:36 AM

I am checking at mid-day every day since day 7. Have not started the progesterone cream this cycle. this is two cycles in a row that I had all the "symptoms" then after got the LH and both was checking the same. I always get the tender boobs so that does not seem unusual but then the LH did not get dark till after and that is what is confusing, but maybe you are right and did not before.

I had mastitis last week for several days and ran a fever then on top of that had a cold and my lo was teething so I literally have been up every 1 1/2 - 2hrs for a couple of weeks straight so there is no chance to get an accurate temp.:banghead:

OK thanks so much for your help. I have two that dont sleep good and they take turns so I might get the 3 hours one night but then not for several and when I do it is never at the same time, like maybe midnight to 3 one night then 4-7 another so temping has just created frustration.

Would I get "sympoms" and the weird LH tests if I were entering perimenopause? I sooooo don't want to and am hoping that is not the case.

kimmiepie 12-01-2009 07:08 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I think I have heard that you can get a + OPK when you are pregnant. :headscratch:

attachedmom 12-01-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi (Post 9000264)
How often are you taking the opks? My only thought is that perhaps you caught the downward slope of the surge. Or that your body tried to O and did not so it surged again. Did you start taking the prog over the weekend? That can cause the tender boobs.

I wouldn't assume you couldn't temp. You only need 3 hours and I did it with a night nursing toddler so maybe it's worth a shot. GL!

Question for you mama,
Did you conceive while night nursing your toddler? Did you find that temping was affected by nursing? Im doing that right now. Its hard (we cosleep too) as she loves to nurse from the wee am hours until we get up. She does ok until about 3am or 4 and then she wants to b latched on ! like i said, i've been temping anyway even tho sometimes it isn't perfect (her reaching for the thermometer, etc)....i'm also on Vitex and phytoestrogen....have no idea if i'm Oing at alll...but just htought I 'd ask what your experience with temping and night nursing. Were you taking any supplements?
Thanks mama...congrats on #2!:goodvibes:

As for your issue momto5, I have NO CLUE! !! I'm interested in hearing the outcome tho...I'm also new to this...(and I also lurk! ;) ) But I would def. temp. like already stated, I think its better to do and have it not be perfect then to not do it as it is such a vital part of NFP.

lilbitcrunchy 12-02-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attachedmom (Post 9007400)
Question for you mama,
Did you conceive while night nursing your toddler? Did you find that temping was affected by nursing? Im doing that right now. Its hard (we cosleep too) as she loves to nurse from the wee am hours until we get up. She does ok until about 3am or 4 and then she wants to b latched on ! like i said, i've been temping anyway even tho sometimes it isn't perfect (her reaching for the thermometer, etc)....i'm also on Vitex and phytoestrogen....have no idea if i'm Oing at alll...but just htought I 'd ask what your experience with temping and night nursing. Were you taking any supplements?
Thanks mama...congrats on #2!:goodvibes:

As for your issue momto5, I have NO CLUE! !! I'm interested in hearing the outcome tho...I'm also new to this...(and I also lurk! ;) ) But I would def. temp. like already stated, I think its better to do and have it not be perfect then to not do it as it is such a vital part of NFP.

I got pregnant before this pregnancy while night nursing and that ended in MC at 6.5 weeks. I'm not sure at all that that had anything to do with it as I also have a suspected clotting disorder. With this pregnancy we night weaned during the 2ww for reasons not related to TTC...I was just done! So technically yes and no lol. I started taking B6 during the 2WW just in case to help with progesterone but I've heard you need to take it for a little while to be affective so I don't know if that helped either. I also continued taking it til about 10 weeks as it helped with m/s too. I got ppAF at 11 mos with her nursing around the clock..she was a nurseaholic :giggle2: My cycles regulated by 15 mos postpartum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmiepie (Post 9006242)
Don't quote me on this, but I think I have heard that you can get a + OPK when you are pregnant. :headscratch:

sure can! but usually you'd get a pos on an hpt as well. so if you have a pos opk and a neg hpt you're not pg.

To the OP: I have no idea about it being related to menopause! :hugs:

momo5 12-02-2009 06:03 PM

Thanks ladies for more input.

I know too you can get a positive OPK when preg but I know I am not unfortunately. I got the one positive OPK next day was really light again like before the one day of dark. so I am praying for a blessing if my LP will hold out.

I am having to take Vitex, bcomplex, red clover, progesterone cream etcd to get leveled this time :banghead: just attempting to get cycles to regulate :cry: and have since Feb when I started getting them again.

I did ask doc about perimenopause and he laughed but I know I am not a spring chicken too :giggle: I sooo don't want that to be the case I am not ready for that. :cry:

As for other pp I was told by my mw when they go any time past 4 hours you can begin ovulating again night, day does not matter, just need a 4 hour period and that can begin getting AF back. So if your cosleeper goes till morning hrs ( I soooo wish mine would :giggle: ) you have your 4 hour break. My friend just got preg again with one nursing at night a ton but not as much during the day.

Good luck mamas I am still lurking and praying for all the mamas wanting to be blessed again.