Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dr loved the cd! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8842)

lepler 05-25-2006 06:26 PM

Dr loved the cd!

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I've been dealing with Elijah's problems. He was passing blood in his stool. Come to find out he is so allergic to casein that he can't even tolerate the casein naturally in breast milk. He's now on Neocate formula.

Anyway, I had to take him to a gastrointerologist and he started to take Elijah's diaper off to get a stool sample and when he unlatched the velcor on his Diaperfairy diaper I think he was expecting to find a diaper under it(I think he thought it was some sort of clothing). He kind of stepped back and said "What the heck is this?". I told him it is a cloth diaper and he said "Cool!"

That's the first time I've put one on him when we have been to the dr.

Linda

Cindy 05-25-2006 06:52 PM

Re: Dr loved the cd!

Jack had his 2m appt today and the dr loved his CD too. He asked me what it was and where I got it...oh and how much they cost. I said about $15 and he said "oh and you would prob only need about 1/2 dozen" :eek: I said you needed a few more then that...lol.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-25-2006 06:54 PM

a half dozen? Wow, that would be the best money saver LOL

I'm glad docs love it - I think they appreciate things like that b/c they know its better, but they know most of America can't be bothered with inconvienence :( I have a doctor's appointment next week and I already wondered what to put him in so its obvious he's cloth diapered. Aren't I pathetic? :banghead:

myajdw 05-25-2006 07:23 PM

lol, i was wondering the same thing for brighton's first apts after he's born lol. i want to make it obvious to the dr he's in cloth too!! i guess a lot of us are pathetic, i mean my babe isn't even born yet haha!!!!
and as far as the dr's knowing it's better...i often wonder. i was watching a thing on some news show about the ec'ing and a dr came on and was talking about how some women are doing it b/c of disposable diapers. then she went on to say how much better disposables are for the earth and our children now than they used to be. it was ridiculous, i wanted to reach through the tv and slap her. yes that can be true, like with mother nature sposies and 7th generation...but she was holding a PAMPERS. ridiculous.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-25-2006 07:26 PM

I'm betting they get perks from these companies so that's why!

jodi5 05-25-2006 07:29 PM

The doctor's and nurses that I have encountered have liked our cloth diapers. Most people when they find out say, "Good for you". One doctor I had told me he couldn't believe the new technology there was and thought it was great. We were using a prefold trifolded in a Bummis SWW, lol.

MamaLove 05-25-2006 07:38 PM

New technology! :laugh:
That's cool that docs like cloth! How can you not?:giggle:

:hugs: I hope Elijah gets better soon...maybe he'll outgrow the allergy??? Best wishes for his healing!:goodvibes:

Oh yeah, and I'm not suprised if Pampers was paying for someone to say that sposies are better for the earth now. What a shame...like there isn't enough jusnk in the lanfills without diapers! :doh:

twinsmomkatie 05-25-2006 07:44 PM

Titus has seen 4 different pediatricians who have NEVER SEEN a cloth diaper! (All 4 of them thought it was part of his outfit . . . which it was!)

How is this possible? I could understand an oncologist or a dentist, but a PEDIATRICIAN?

I LOVE LOVE my cloth diapers so much! :)

Katie

momof4 05-25-2006 07:44 PM

I wish all docs were so enlightened. A friend of mine's little 1 mo. old has a bad rash, and I suggested that CD'ing might help. She asked her pediatrician, who told her that it would make things much worse!:banghead: I know our pediatrician will think it's cool.

mamamac 05-25-2006 07:51 PM

Our pediatrician always loves when we come in with "fun" diapers. He seems so dissapointed when we show up in plain white! Actually when I was there the other day, I noticed a pamplet for CottonBabies, so he is obviously pro-cloth!