Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ISO Forum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889098)

MelissaCoffey 12-10-2009 01:49 PM

ISO Forum

I hope this doesn't come across as persnickety, but the ISO forum is kind of out of hand. The whole first page has ISO/IHA lists...and some even just IHA. I thought that was the point of the trade only forum and that the ISO forum was for specific items people were looking for, trade or purchase, but not the place to list your random items for trade. :blush:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-10-2009 02:21 PM

Re: ISO Forum

You are correct, we need the mama's to be posting in the correct forums but sometimes they either don't read what is supposed to be where, or they just post wherever and we need to go hunt the post and move them to the correct forum.

l_Kimmie_l 12-10-2009 02:50 PM

Okay, now I am confused. I thought the ISO area was to post What you are in search of, and if you are open to trades what you have to offer others. I love looking through the ISO/IHA to to see if a Momma has what I want and possibly I have something she would want too.

So do I list what I have for trade or sale in the Trades only forum and only my ISO list in the ISO forum? I do agree that posting only what you have is tacky and not cool. That is why we have a FSOT forum.

MelissaCoffey 12-10-2009 03:53 PM

When I am looking at the ISO forum, I am looking to see if anyone is specifically looking for something I have before listing it for sale. So the title is really important for that use. There is a whole forum that is for people who are looking to swap and the ISO forum should really be used for people looking for specific items that they will pay for. If they are open to trades, that's awesome, I love trading, but it seems the ISO forum has totally gotten buried, when it's not necessary. The trade only forum is what that's for...at least that's what I thought!

boysniris 12-10-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmie_n_angus (Post 9076510)
I love looking through the ISO/IHA to to see if a Momma has what I want and possibly I have something she would want too.

That's interesting b/c I hate looking through all those lists :blush: I use the search feature to find exactly what I'm interested in.

l_Kimmie_l 12-10-2009 04:26 PM

What if the IHA items are for trade or for sale, can it still go in the "Trade Only" forum?

MelissaCoffey 12-10-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmie_n_angus (Post 9077338)
What if the IHA items are for trade or for sale, can it still go in the "Trade Only" forum?

I could be totally misunderstanding this, so bear with me. I thought the ISO forum was for specific items you are looking for and will pay actual money for OR would be willing to trade for. The Trade Only forum is for people who are looking to barter items. Then the FSOT stuff is for listing items you only want money for. But all that being said, when you have an IHA/ISO list, anyway that's agreeable to both parties as far as payment is fine and not really under supervision. I just understand that when I am posting on the ISO forum I need to actually be in seach of an item that I am looking to purchase, without the requirement that the person who may have the item I need only accept trades of my items as currency.

Am I making sense here?

l_Kimmie_l 12-10-2009 04:59 PM

Ok - that makes sense. I am only clarifying so that I know I am not breaking rules. I have an ISO list. I am open to both trades and paying. I also offer up what I have for trades as well, as I am asked frequently for such a list. I figure it makes sense, since so many people counter up with are you ISO anything.

MelissaCoffey 12-10-2009 05:02 PM

I totally understand. I am in trade heaven here :) Right now I have many things for sale or trade, and so the items I am currently ISO are perfectly fine to trade for. However, as soon as Christmas is over, I will be using the ISO forum to get the rest of what I need for new baby, and I haven't posted in that particular forum yet because I don't have Paypal to outright purchase.....

l_Kimmie_l 12-10-2009 05:07 PM

Yeah - I do need to make a new list of ISO as well. Funny enough, no one really has what I was looking for. I totally need to revamp my list.