Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nightime pocket suggestion, PLEASE HELP? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89234)

RachelFlores 01-22-2007 04:50 PM

Nightime pocket suggestion, PLEASE HELP?

I've been using three, used when I got them, wonderoos to nightime diaper my dd for the past 8 months or so. I have NOT been nice to them, washing in hot EVERY wash, drying them 90% of the time and the elastic (shocker) has gone out on them.

Anyway, I NEED a wide pocket for nightime diapering because I have to stuff 3 inserts (2 hemp, 1 microfiber) to hold her overnight. I REALLY like the OS aspect since I'm not worried about bulk. Wonderoos are no longer made and I got a new wonderworks diaper (when she was selling off her stock on ebay), but the materials were so much lower in quality the elastic only lasted on it for 3 washes :banghead: . What kind of quality are the Haute Pockets, are they like the origional Wonderoos or more like the wonderworks ones? How long has Montana's Diaper Store been selling them?

I've been considering moving to the Bumgenius 2.0, but are they as wide? Is there any other pocket diaper I should consider? Where can you get the best deal on the Haute Pocket or Bumgenius (free shipping or discount)? Thank you so much for the help. I plan on getting more than three and taking better care of them this time :hugegrin:

ravenonyx 01-22-2007 04:59 PM

Re: Nightime pocket suggestion, PLEASE HELP?

The widest-capable pockets I have are Preston's and FB's (petite toddler or large). We use a bigger weeds (hemp prefold) in all of our pockets. There's room to put microfiber on top, so I think they would hold what you need.

Sorry I have not tried Haute, and as for BG while I lubs them they are no good for overstuffing in my experience. (someone else may say they are, though, so I guess it just depends on what you are using.)

Marielblewis 01-22-2007 05:12 PM

I highly recommend Nap-Ez. These are made a little differently from the Snap-Ez (made by the same lady). I use them overnoght for my six year old ans stuff withhemp prefolds. They work great, and have lasted a long time. I only have two and have been using them nightly for six months. They are still in great shape! I also recommend paying the extra $4 for extra snaps. This will extend the time your DC can wear them. HTH

titania 01-22-2007 06:11 PM

drybees. they are great for night time, as they can handle a fair amount of stuffing and are wider cut.

My2punkins 01-22-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titania (Post 664230)
drybees. they are great for night time, as they can handle a fair amount of stuffing and are wider cut.

We are using one of these for the first time tonight and we only stuff w/one hemp, one mf insert which usually holds dd. All I can say so far is they are pretty darn wide I'm just hoping she's comfy enough to get a good night's sleep!

RachelFlores 01-22-2007 07:18 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions :goodvibes: .