Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89340)

thehorndoctor 01-22-2007 08:36 PM

Potty Training

I am a mother of 4 children 6,3,1, and 3 Months. My 6years old dd doesn't live with us. (A LONG STORY:cry: ) My 3 year old was going pee on the potty really good and now she doesn't care. I put her in panties all day and at night a diaper. What can I do to get her fully potty trained. I think she see's her other sibilings wearing diapers and that is ok to pee and bm in her panties. I am out of my wits of what to do. Please give me some advise to get through this potty training for good.

2sweetboys 01-22-2007 08:48 PM

Re: Potty Training

:hugs: to you mama!

I was just where you are about 3 months ago. We tried everything people told us and nothing ever worked....one day out of the blue he ran to the bathroom saying "I gotta pee"! He did really good for a few days and we put him in underwear.....he has had very few accidents since. He does wear a Pull-up at night though....but I'm not complaining. When he starts waking up dry more times than wet, we will try underwear at night too.

Hang in there....it will get better. My mom always told me that when they decide they wanna do it, they will with very little effort from you.......it's true!

twinsmomkatie 01-22-2007 08:52 PM

This worked really well for my twin girls . . . I put them in dresses during the day with nothing on underneath, and they got it really fast! When I would put panties on them, they would have accidents all the time. This lasted about a month, then they were fine all the time.

Not for everyone, but worked GREAT for us! :thumbsup:

thehorndoctor 01-22-2007 08:54 PM

She says she has to pee but she make a game out of it. She will go under the bed or hide some where and bm or pee. Any suggestions?

happysahm 01-22-2007 10:29 PM

I don't know if you've tried this already, but we created a sticker chart for my DS. Everytime he went pee, he got a sticker and put it on the chart. We also had spaces on the chart for washing hands and I am a big boy, so he would at least get stickers for those things. We did have trouble w/BM for a few days and I got a bucket and filled it w/cheap toys and called it a treasure chest and everytime he would BM he could get a toy. Sometimes, I would give him M&M's too. He still wears a night diaper, but he hasn't had any accidents or regressed. HTH's.

Missah78 01-23-2007 12:37 AM

DS is the same way. I keep him naked all day! Poor kid has been sans clothes for 2 months now. With the exception of baby legs and t-shirts!
I asked his ped at his 2 year check up why he will do great naked but pee and bm the minute you put any clothes on him and the only thing he could say was to get some undies he liked and THROW THEM OUT if he had a accident in them.

Well dang undies are expensive so that won't be happening! I do know that we have 3 potty chairs because it varies every day which one he will use!