Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   delete please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89357)

Manna00 01-22-2007 08:01 PM

delete please

delete please... changed my mind.

JustAugust 01-22-2007 08:08 PM

Re: WWYD when DH "Drops" the baby...

The thing is, YOU could have dropped him just as easily. Accidents happen. DH didn't mean to drop your son. How would you feel if you accidently let DS get hurt and then DH stayed mad at you for it? You'd already feel horrible about the whole thing, you wouldn't need him to make you feel worse. kwim? (I'm not saying this to be mean!! I just mean, if the tables were turned, how would you feel about it?)

It's stinks. But accidents happen. And as soon as Samuel starts crawling, pulling up, walking, etc. he's going to get bonks and bruises constantly. God made babies tough for a reason.

I'm sorry Samuel had to get scared like that. But he's okay! :hugs:

2sweetboys 01-22-2007 08:11 PM

I agree with the previous person....accidents happen. I'm sure your DH will keep a nice firm grip on your baby from now on! :hugs:

L J 01-22-2007 08:12 PM

I would first of all make sure my dc was okay, then I would hug and comfort DH. After that, I would laugh it off, drop it, and never mention it again. I'm sure he's giving himself quite the guilt trip already, and by being openly angry with him, you are just making it worse, and possible reducing your DH's confidence in his ability to care for your son and therefore guarenteeing less help and participation on his part for a while.

:hugs: I know it must have been scary and made you just sick to see, but try not to let your dh know that... poor guy will probably be beating himself up for days as it is. I know mine would.

mom2kailinconnor 01-22-2007 09:11 PM

:hugs: mama. No advice, but I think I would feel the same way. You always feel like no one can do as good for your baby as you, not even dh.

jls~Kain~Drake 01-23-2007 07:38 AM

I didn't see the OP, but I think I can gather what it was about. :hugs: I *have* been there. I felt the exact same way as you (at least, from what I can tell). I left to get food and left dh and ds1 home when ds1 was about...3-4months old. I only went like..a mile away. Dh called while I was gone and said that ds had rolled off the couch. I started crying and flipped out, hysterical! I screamed at him that I would never leave them alone again.

I stayed angry/upset and it didn't really affect our relationship in a big way, but I did realize that it could happen to anyone :cry: I've had my share of incidents...I'm a little more laid back now than I was when ds1 was 3 or 4 months old. Doesn't change how THAT particular incident made me feel at the time.