Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Went to sposies at night....do I feel guilty or just go with it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89544)

monkeylove 01-23-2007 09:39 AM

Went to sposies at night....do I feel guilty or just go with it?

Went to sposies at night....do I feel guilty or just go with it?

OK, I guess I am a bit of a CD nazi, in that I try to cd 24/7, and I have tried almost every nighttime system out there...I have a VBSN, tried peewells, FB with a JB and MF towel....and for the past few months I have been using a BG with a hemp insert and a CB insert, even if I use the HH oval stuffins, my ds is wet or uncomfortable in the morning and I swear it keeps him from sleeping peacefully ...and usually we are changing him around 4 am after 8 hours of sleep...so the other day my DH slipped on a sposie and a week later we have used nothing but that...but he wakes up dry and comfie in the morning:thumbsup: ....should i try another system or just roll with this, I just hate sposies and never use them, but I guess I am having a hard time giving them up now seeing as they are providing me with some much needed sleep...any advice or does anyone have THE system that I missed?:headscratch:

Manna00 01-23-2007 09:40 AM

Re: Went to sposies at night....do I feel guilty or just go with it?

WE use sposies at night becuase that's the only thing that works for us for "the long haul"... I don't feel guilty whatsoever. I think 7 sposies a week is a whole lot better than more than that in one day!!

POMHMomi 01-23-2007 09:41 AM

We started using sposies at night when Kayleigh was 16 months old. She was peeing out of everything we tried! We still use them at night but as soon as our Drybees night time fleece pocket comes in we are going to try that. We will also be trying wool with a fitted as soon as it gets here. I hope to be done with sposies for good if one of these work for us at night!

GoddessWifeMom 01-23-2007 09:44 AM

We use sposies at night too with DD. She sleeps for too long and is not a consistent wetter so changing her doesn't help, you never know when she is going to pee.

We had a system that worked but my DH couldn't do it and so with the new baby here I needed him to be able to put the diaper on. So we went to sposies. :yuck:

But it works and our house is happy so whatever works. We use cloth all day anyway so I figure one a night isn't bad.

Do what works.

e_mom_e 01-23-2007 09:55 AM

I say go with it...we are doing the same...I can't find anything to work for us...when ds pees at night, it smells like a 6 day old diaper pail!!!! It's really bad. and nothing works. sposies are the only thing that doesn't allow him to breathe horrible ammonia all night. we do also use them for outings but that's my laziness. I am working at getting better with that.

titania 01-23-2007 10:01 AM

we used to use sposies at night too, no big deal if that's what works for you. :thumbsup: its better than your LO being wet and uncomfortable!

redhotmavis 01-23-2007 10:18 AM

we use one disposable at night too. otherwise nobody sleeps and it's hell around here. (dd pees every 15 minutes 24/7) I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked for us except disposables.

monkeylove 01-23-2007 10:21 AM

:hugs: thanks ladies, i kept feeling like i could do better or find another system or something, but I guess this is where i am right now

cloth-centric 01-23-2007 10:25 AM

I'll use a sposie from time to time, but I use earth friendly sposies, so I don't feel so bad. Also, there aren't those harsh chemicals that are in the other sposies (pampers/huggies).
Hey, if your baby is sleeping better, than go for it...no reason to feel guilty!

mom2fussy 01-23-2007 11:09 AM

I use sposies at night too, and don't feel guilty about it at all. Like someone else said, it's only 7 diapers a week... It's worth it to me for the $$ it saves me from trying to find a good nighttime solution & for peace of mind.