Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ground beef and rice recipe. Anyone have a YUMMY one???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89652)

stacim 01-23-2007 01:28 PM

Ground beef and rice recipe. Anyone have a YUMMY one????

Pickins are a little slim in the kitchen and I would love to fix something with ground beef and rice for dinner tonight (no crockpot recipes, not enough time). Something with veggies and/or cheese in it would be great.

Anyone have a recipe they love? Fairly simple and not too time intensive -- I'm not much in a cookin' mood today. :mrgreen:

TIA!

Hitchkids 01-23-2007 01:42 PM

Re: Ground beef and rice recipe. Anyone have a YUMMY one????

Spanish rice. We use onions, garlic, bell peppers if we have them, crushed tomatoes, chili powder. brown the meat and veggies, stir in a large canof crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water, 3/4 cup of rice (not the instant kind, if you have the instant kind, adjust the water or leave it out), bring to a boil, simmer until rice is down, top with cheese. Or if you have cabbage you can make cabbage rolls.

jenncatsmeow 01-23-2007 01:48 PM

What about stuffed peppers?

stacim 01-23-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow (Post 667183)
What about stuffed peppers?

Don't have any peppers! :mrgreen:

stacim 01-23-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchkids (Post 667160)
Spanish rice. We use onions, garlic, bell peppers if we have them, crushed tomatoes, chili powder. brown the meat and veggies, stir in a large canof crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water, 3/4 cup of rice (not the instant kind, if you have the instant kind, adjust the water or leave it out), bring to a boil, simmer until rice is down, top with cheese. Or if you have cabbage you can make cabbage rolls.

Sounds tasty, but I was looking for more of an all-in-one dinner. Guess I shoulda said that. :blush:

Thanks!

RodentRanger 01-24-2007 01:37 PM

OnlyaMommy 01-24-2007 01:37 PM

Stuffed green peppers! YUMMMM

stacim 01-24-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodentRanger (Post 671159)
Cook up the beef and the rice, throw it all in a bowl, mix it up. Toss in some shredded cheese (and sour cream and enchilada sauce if you have it!), and roll it up in flour tortillas. Taco-y veggies (corn, tomatoes, lettuce, etc) are good thrown in too! We do this quick 'n' easy meal often!

That sounds simple and yummy, but we didn't have any tortillas either. LOL! Like I said, slim pickin's around here. Guess I need to go shopping. :lostit: We ended up making fried rice. Not my favorite (I like bacon fried rice better), but it was still good. :thumbsup:

moonphishers 01-24-2007 05:35 PM

Well you may have to go shopping for this but its a great thing to have around in a wroking pantry...

we go ground beef and throw it in with Beef Flavroed rice-a-roni. You completely brown the beef and start to prepare the R-a-R and right after you put the water in, you throw the beef in... we all love it and it's easy -

have fun :)

GrandIsp 01-24-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacim (Post 667087)
Pickins are a little slim in the kitchen and I would love to fix something with ground beef and rice for dinner tonight (no crockpot recipes, not enough time). Something with veggies and/or cheese in it would be great.

Anyone have a recipe they love? Fairly simple and not too time intensive -- I'm not much in a cookin' mood today. :mrgreen:

TIA!

I have the nummiest recipe but it requires cabbage - have you got that around? It's so good - onions, rice, tomato sauce, beef, cabbage, Mrs. Dash, etc. LMK! (PM would be good)