Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I've figured out how we develop "dipe addiction" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89676)

soggygranolamomma 01-23-2007 12:48 PM

I've figured out how we develop "dipe addiction"

In my quest for dipes, longies, etc, I have found something.

Today for example, I had a thought. I *love* longies. I love them and I want lots of them!

I am in the Kozy coop and have 4 pairs of longies and a soaker coming to me, in a couple weeks. The thing is, I want them NOW.

I was just about to post that I am ISO longies, girly, size large. Why would I do that? I have 2 pairs now, I'm about to order one from another mama, I have those Kozy ones coming and I likely will want to order some from One Mad Giraffe (ontariomama).

I won't want to wait that long though, so I will scour FSOT until I find what I want, and I will HAVE those longies in my possession and suddenly, all the ones I ordered will begin to arrive and alas, I'll have too many. :blush:

I did this already with Mutts and PeeWells. I bought a bunch because I forgot I had all my Berry Plush and 8 custom fitteds coming. :blush: When they all arrive, I will have MORE than enough dipes. Too many in fact, add those to the longies I've ordered and guess what, I have a problem.

*sigh* Can anyone else relate??

2sweetboys 01-23-2007 12:55 PM

Re: I've figured out how we develop "dipe addiction"

What is this 'too many' that you speak of? That is a concept I do not understand....you can never have too many....IMO. This is how I justify it to dh.....

The more I have, the less each dipe gets used, thus retaining its resale value or prolonging its 'life' so I can use it for the next baby. So far that has kept hubby from getting angry with me.....he is actually pretty supportive, but I do think he gets annoyed by how much I 'shop'. :giggle:

soggygranolamomma 01-23-2007 01:00 PM

Oooooooooo I never thought of it that way. I'm actually "preserving" their resale value by not overusing them. Good one!!! :thumbsup:

GoddessWifeMom 01-23-2007 01:01 PM

Yup I can totally relate what with buying 14 embroidered BP at a time because I was waiting for my first 7 and thought, I MUST have them NOW.

But then I got and get Preorder ones and get them embroidered so it doesn't give me them now. :banghead:

Same thing with longies!

myajdw 01-23-2007 01:05 PM

LOL!!! there's also that NEED to have the most you possibly can LOL!!! it's that whole "what if something happens to a load and they get ruined?" "what if dc has a really poopy day?" "what if for some reason i can't do the laundry in time?" :giggle:

then there's....."what if...we're all just crazy!?!"

but then again...i love my *cough, brighton's* lovely stash LOL!!!.

ravenonyx 01-23-2007 01:08 PM

I totally feel you :) And I can relate.

*blush* I've been adding stuff to my cart for weeks and then chickening out. There's a note on my computer with a reminder of what's already coming in the mail.

I think it happens a lot because there is NO "instant gratification" with diaper buying unless you're doing it in person.

Especially with customs, which I've done a lot of lately. Agonizing over what costs what, what color to get, what goes with it, can I find something to match that for a shirt or do we have something, etc. Then adding and deleting and agonizing some more to bring the total down some.

Then, and only then, placing my order. And then waiting. And waiting. And waiting - not knowing if my choices turned out looking great or like crap; if they are coming in the mail tomorrow or in 3 weeks, etc.

So then.. I buy more. Because I want cute fluff *NOW*. Adn then I wait some more.

And then 10 packages come in the mail all at once and my laundry is everywhere and nothing matches anything and DH knows I am insane. :)

So then I go buy different ones to fix a fit issue or to match something better or because well, I decided I like something else instead. LOL

GodStillTalks 01-23-2007 01:08 PM

lol, I'm just glad I am not the only one. I frequently forget about things I have coming and just keep buying. I am having the exact same problem with longies, too. She is wearing some right now- and I am IN LOVE!!!

I have a few more on the way, I will keep looking, and I will probably hit Goodwill by the weekend looking for some to make myself.

Be looking for my wool stash sale next month! :laugh:

jrk 01-23-2007 01:09 PM

I do it all the time. I buy a dipe to try, love it and buy more. While waiting for those, I find another I love, buy more. It's a never ending battle.

soggygranolamomma 01-23-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesandjennie (Post 667268)
lol, I'm just glad I am not the only one. I frequently forget about things I have coming and just keep buying. I am having the exact same problem with longies, too. She is wearing some right now- and I am IN LOVE!!!

I have a few more on the way, I will keep looking, and I will probably hit Goodwill by the weekend looking for some to make myself.

Be looking for my wool stash sale next month! :laugh:

I found a wool sweater while cleaning out my closet yesterday, gray cable knit. 80%wool, 20%lycra. I'm thinking it's going to end up a pair of longies! :lostit: :blush:

shortcake2386 01-23-2007 01:19 PM

wanna part with some mutts???:giggle: