Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When you travel a long distance - ya use sposies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89719)

turtlemoon74 01-23-2007 02:05 PM

When you travel a long distance - ya use sposies?

Going to Hawaii for 6 days and will be staying at a resort.
I can't imagine how I'd manage using cloth.

Anybody have success stories with long distance travel and staying in a hotel using cloth?

zionnecherub 01-23-2007 02:08 PM

Re: When you travel a long distance - ya use sposies?

I use them when I travel. Who wants to spend hours in a laundry facility shaking poop and washing diapers? Not me :laugh:

Mommy2JJ 01-23-2007 02:09 PM

We are headed to Florida in March and staying in a hotel......we will be using sposies for sure!!

Now we have gone to different states to visit family and I always do cloth and wash at their house....but a hotel is different and I am just not brave enough :goodvibes:

TwinKristi 01-23-2007 02:09 PM

I use sposies for trips. Its just too much to handle CD on the go and in a place where you don't know what kind of laundry facilities you'll use and all that stuff. 6 days is a LONG time too, so its not like you could just not wash em till you got home. :yuck: LOL

Kimmyann 01-23-2007 02:10 PM

I don't see any problem with using sposies on trips but if you wanted to use cloth then I would call or email the resort you are staying at and ask them if they have washing machines for the guest to use. Some places do have guest laundries. Make it clear that you don't mean laundry service but actually machines you can use yourself.
Have fun in Hawaii its beautiful.

MilkOnDemand 01-23-2007 02:11 PM

Guess I'm the odd one here, but we went on a 1.5 week vacation from St. Louis to Colorado last summer and I used cloth the entire time. No sense in adding expense, buying something that I already have, and wasting space in a landfill. I washed once or twice. It wasn't a big deal.

turtlemoon74 01-23-2007 02:12 PM

Sposies it is then!
DH bought a box but I wasn't sure if I wanted to use em, but now it makes sense to cave and use em for the trip.

:goodvibes:

Mom2TJ 01-23-2007 02:28 PM

I am taking my boys to Georgia in a few weeks to visit my sister. We are driving---so sposies for the drive there and back (I don't want to have to stop every two hours!), but I will use cloth while we are there as I can do laundry at my sister's.

If I were going to a resort in Hawaii (SO jealous!), I'd do sposies.

Periwinkle 01-23-2007 03:42 PM

If we are just going on a short road trip a couple of hours away to visit family, we take cloth. But if we are flying or going on an extended vacation, we use sposies.

Steve's Wife 01-23-2007 04:31 PM

Cloth for visiting family, probably 'sposies for a hotel, but if there were laundry facilities close by I'd consider cloth. Largely b/c we always have poopie blowouts on disposables and that would be a real paid while on the beach or out shopping or eating.