Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2009 Due-Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   new years eve chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898483)

fanatic4cloth 12-31-2009 07:07 AM

new years eve chat

Okay girls last day to get 2009 babies!!!! I hope you all pop soon. I can't believe some of us have 1 month old babies now! Tryin where are you getting samaya's ears pierced. They don't do it at the pedi here. But some will do it. Also the ear piercing places at the mall. I wanted to take her to a tattoo studio lool because they are professional piercers. And sterile and I like their technique better but but but they can't pierce minors ears here even if its only ears with parents consent. Sigh. I'm so weird about doing at the mall because they use the same gun and there is no way to sterlize it properly. Idk

bryandcam+2 12-31-2009 07:29 AM

Re: new years eve chat

ok ladies i started the group. go join. lol

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dsdecember2009bbies

lydiamom 12-31-2009 09:41 AM

good morning.

I came down with a fever last night, which might explain why I felt so crappy yesterday. DD2 has a fever too, so it looks like we're fighting a virus. I feel a little better today than yesterday so I'm hoping its just a little something, and REALLY hoping Virginia doesn't get it.

She's off the bililights, which is awesome! And no more ped visits until her 1 month appointment. My mw has "grounded" me now and told me I have to lay and rest and not go anywhere so my body gets a chance to recover.

Anyway, I'm happy to see the new babies born. And I'm hoping the 7's silence means she's had her baby!!!!

kulaswifeandmama 12-31-2009 02:30 PM

Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been quiet, my internet was out since Tuesday morning.. Luckily comcast came this AM to fix it.. What had happened was squirrels had chewed holes all through the cable wires on the telephone poles! AGH! So the guy had to take down the entire wire to replace it. But I'm back on now! yay! :)

Baby turned 2 weeks on Tuesday, and for his "birthday" gift, we named him! We made a list of all the names we liked and then decided on one. So our little boy is officially Milo Nathaniel Amadeus Kulas! He's doing great..nursing all the time and he's just as sweet as can be. We're not doing anything for New Years..my mom is coming over and after Audric and Nouvelle are in bed hubby, Milo and I are going to go grocery shopping.. Boring! But it's ok, I just want to get out of the house. How was everyone's Christmas's? The kids got so many presents and their bedrooms were TRASHED with toys and I just got to cleaning them today.. I've had no energy with Milo waking up at night! But that's ok, I can enjoy him more without feeling like I have to clean :)

Oh, and I was wondering, I didn't post my birth story, and he's over two weeks old, so would any one even be interested in reading it if I posted it?? It's kind of delayed! Ooops!

png_lovebirds 12-31-2009 02:59 PM

Fan, we got DD's done at Claires! They did an awesome job and DD didn't even really cry! They pierce the ear with the earring(which is in a sterile container).

Haley, of course we would read it!! I love birth stories!!

Well, Julien pooped on the 8th day of not pooping and boy was it a lot!!! I'm so glad he did tho b/c we were getting worried!
We weighed him yesterday and he weighs 8Lbs10ozs! So, I don't make cream breast milk! LOL! He's not a super content baby unless he is being held! He enjoys sleeping on chests!! We are totally in love with him tho!! I can't believe he will be 6 weeks old on Monday...:(

Ok...gotta get some dinner moving!

sharon_k 12-31-2009 04:01 PM

Happy New Year to everyone....I haven't been on much lately, it's been nuts betw. xmas excitement and visitors, etc. I tried to post last night but DH ended up doing work to the computer b/c it was acting up. Anyway, love the name Milo, Haley! So cute.
I really hope 7's had/having her baby! Wondering if we'll have a new year's baby....it's a full moon, blue too, right?
Rachel's doing well- such a mellow baby, she's a little pipsqueak just like her oldest sister. Shee turned 2 weeks old yesterday. So bittersweet. I love the first couple days after birth, new baby bliss. They just keep getting older every day after that. I learned more and more with each of my children to hold them every possible moment, and cuddle them, b/c soon enough they'll no longer be newborns.
My DH got stuck on a job at work :( not that we have any plans for new years....so it is 6pm here and I have no clue what I'm doing for dinner. DD's 1&2 have been eating pistachios for the past hour...the bag is almost gone! That's a healthy "dinner", right? LOL

lydiamom 12-31-2009 06:26 PM

Haley I love birth stories! Share! And great name :)

I'm feeling a lot better--fever free! Spending a quiet night with my baby.

Toby_99833 12-31-2009 07:07 PM

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I have NO time to catch up and see how you all have been doing and I miss that.:cry:

We have been having a TERRIBLE time breastfeeding and it has consumed our time. He just will not latch on. He has. He can. He just wont. He is 5 days old and has already lost an ounce more than the max 10% babies should. Just to keep him healthy we had to start giving him bottles of formula. I REALLY want to be able to breastfeed this time. I don't care if he wants to BF ALL THE TIME. I could deal with the sleep deprivation and constantly being a human bottle. I just can't deal with that and STILL having him formula/bottle fed AND pumping two hours.

All he does is cry and cry and cry and push my breast away. I've spoken to LLL leaders, LC's, successful nursing mothers, my MW, etc. I keep getting the same answers "He is physically fine (i.e. he is not tongue tied, etc) you are fine (i.e. no thyroid issue, don't need a nipple shield, etc). You are doing everything right. There is nothing more that you can do, but to keep doing what you are doing."

Do you know how flipping hard that is to "nurse" for 20 min, then bottle feed, then pump? Not to mention all the prep time involved. We have used syringes and an SNS. We have to make formula too. Then when all is said and done I have to clean it all up so that it is ready to go for the next time. So it can be an hour or an hour and a half long process.

Then on top of all that I have to cuddle with him at the breast and spend skin to skin time with him so that my breasts are a comfy environment to him. So when exactly do I get to sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, pay attention to my daughter, etc?

Sorry I just realized what a long rant this has turned into, but I am just sitting here by myself :cry: :cry: :cry: about the whole thing. I want nothing more than to successfully BF this baby. I want it soooo bad. It is just not fair that it has to be so hard for no freaking reason.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have to go back to it now.:cry:

lydiamom 12-31-2009 08:06 PM

Toby :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: . That is so hard! I don't know what to tell you but I do hope it gets easier for you!

We are off to bed. See you all in the New Year!

fanatic4cloth 12-31-2009 09:11 PM

Toby ds4 wouldn't latch either. I can feel your pain. And then mil always says give lil mama a bottle so I can go out without her I'm like NOPE love ya mom but no bottle. I have been embroidering some pillow cases mom has been teaching me some new stitches. So I have been busy doing that. I got all the materials for my quilt I want to make but have no idea how big a queen size quilt should be.