Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How much do you pay a babysitter? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89879)

zionnecherub 01-23-2007 07:38 PM

How much do you pay a babysitter?

I am thinking of restarting my business at home again. I would need to have a babysitter come and watch my kids in my house for 2-3 hours at a time. I have a 4 y/o and a 9 month old. I have never had a sitter before. What would I pay them? Oh, the lady is probably in her 50's/retired and lives accross the street

soggygranolamomma 01-23-2007 07:39 PM

Re: How much do you pay a babysitter?

I pay mine $10/hour. We have 5 kids, she comes just in the evening so she doesn't have to worry about dinner or getting the kids ready for bed. Just bedtime.

I also have the baby in bed and settled before she gets here. :thumbsup:

Shyla 01-23-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zionnecherub (Post 668689)
I am thinking of restarting my business at home again. I would need to have a babysitter come and watch my kids in my house for 2-3 hours at a time. I have a 4 y/o and a 9 month old. I have never had a sitter before. What would I pay them? Oh, the lady is probably in her 50's/retired and lives accross the street

I pay anywhere from 10-15 dollars an hour for a sitter. I am in CA though so prices may be higher here

MNmomma 01-23-2007 07:43 PM

I have paid some of my students (college age) $10 an hour to watch DD (she was 4 months old then).

keeperof3angels 01-23-2007 07:56 PM

I have someone come in my home (kinda like a nanny) during the day while I'm at work and I pay her $8 an hour and she does laundry and light pick up, like kitchen and toys :) She's here with my two DD, 4 and 1 1/2 :) She's awesome :)

P.S. Was going to pay her $10 but she brings her 4 month old DD sometimes so we compromised :)

Oh, and i'm in Florida :D

HTH!

Fither 01-23-2007 08:04 PM

when i nannied/babysat in the city, i got paid $12-15/hr. luckily, we don't live in the city right now and the going rate here for college aged girls is $8/hr. there is no light cleaning or anything like that. i normally give a small tip as well.

kht2006 01-23-2007 08:06 PM

I have a 13 y/o mother's helper who watches dd while I work at home. I pay her $10 for 3 hrs. I am available if DD needs to nurse, etc. DD usually sleeps for about 45mins. My helper homeschools and brings her homework with her and works on it during nap time. I know I am getting a great deal:)

MamaZ 01-24-2007 06:46 AM

What's a babysitter? :rofl: I asked my neighbor's daughter though what she charges and she said depending on how many kids between $5-10/hr

zionnecherub 01-24-2007 06:57 AM

Ok, so that doesnt seem too bad. Im glad its not up to like 25 bucks an hour now!

orangemnms 01-24-2007 07:49 AM

We pay $12 an hour for our three, 5, 3, and 2 if its an occsional thing. However, I watch 2 girls in my home (sisters) and I get significantly less because its a regular thing. The girls are 4 and 6 mos, and here for three to five hours a day. The 4 year old goes to preschool with my DD so I pick her up from school, feed her lunch, and get her down for nap. The grandma drops the baby off on her way to work about two hours later. They pay me $120 a week. :goodvibes: HTH!