Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Cloth diaper store in/near Austin? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906395)

DKnightSkye 01-12-2010 10:38 AM

Cloth diaper store in/near Austin?

You'd think with a "town" this big and this concentrated on the environment I'd be finding them on every street corner, but I haven't had any luck yet. We live on the Northern side of Austin 183 and MoPac ish? Been down here a few months (moved from IN) but haven't really explored much outside of this corner...everything is so spread out and the kids' school, DH's work, Wal-mart and the grocery are all right here so there's not much need to go elsewhere often...and I get scared with the traffic when I try to explore with 3 kids who are insistant they won't be quiet when Mommy's out of date GPS is trying to tell her to go on a road that isn't there anymore. :-P

rebekahruth 01-12-2010 12:51 PM

Re: Cloth diaper store in/near Austin?

Austin Baby...just google it. A really great store that I always visit when in town. I'm in the South DFW area and haven't found anything to compare it to.

karabeth05 01-12-2010 01:08 PM

last time i was there i went to tiny bird organics, but i can't remember where it was at for the life of me :blush: it was a really nice little shop and she was sewing diapers right there in the store (which was super cool for me because i was a total newb :giggle:)

dkg354boy2 01-14-2010 06:46 PM

Tiny Birds Organic is a wonderful shop. THe women there are wonderful and very helpful. It is in Round Rock and well worth the drive. I See you are due in April. I am also, you should come over to the April DD board and hang out with us.

DKnightSkye 01-26-2010 11:14 AM

thanks. :D

kaylee610 02-10-2010 04:21 PM

I am in North Austin and go to Baby Earth in Round Rock, the ladies are always so nice!

moiety 02-22-2010 11:00 AM

Austin Baby Store, sadly, is closing. It's still not on their website, but it's on Facebook and Twitter. (I don't have enough posts to post a link yet)

Round Rock and northside mamas have lots of choices though! Tiny Birds is off Sam Bass behind Gattiland. They sell a lot of different things, including the single most bulletproof prefolds I've ever seen (once you boil the daylights out of them!) Baby Earth is kind of behind Ikea. They sell more strollers and carseats than anything else, but also stock BGs, FBs, HHs, and Flip and such. Other than that, I know Special Addition across from Central Market on N Lamar sells MotherEase dipes.

pieceofjess 08-22-2011 12:52 PM

bump!

sillyutalktome 08-22-2011 09:17 PM

Baby Earth in Round Rock and Tiny Birds Organics also in Round Rock are the only two I know of

pieceofjess 08-27-2011 11:45 AM

thank you!