Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   weakness, shakiness, dizziness, extreme fatigue during pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907401)

sdodge 01-13-2010 02:50 PM

weakness, shakiness, dizziness, extreme fatigue during pregnancy?

The title says it all. I have 0 energy. I am often dizzy, weak and extremely tired, though I have trouble sleeping. Anyone else experience this? What could be the cause?

ivparker 01-13-2010 02:51 PM

Re: weakness, shakiness, dizziness, extreme fatigue during pregnancy?

anemia or low iron which is really common during pregnancy. You may want to get it checked out and see if you need to be on some additional iron supplements.

masja 01-13-2010 02:52 PM

Well I was extremely tired with DD, to the point where it scared me. I did get shaking and dizzy later on and it turns out it was because I had gestational diabetes. Maybe talk to your DR, could be just regular pregnancy symptoms or something else.

cwieberdink 01-13-2010 02:55 PM

Talk to your care provider. Soon. This could be any number of things, some are normal pregnancy issues, some are not! You need someone who can evaluate you clinically and figure out what's going on.

canadianbakers 01-13-2010 03:12 PM

I had all these things happening in the first... well, the first trimester, really. And they still come back now and then. I also have them when I'm not pregnant.
It can be a sign of low iron. For me, with my ITP, it's just a sign that my platelets are dropping on me.
Good to know, but there's not much I can do about it other than watch them fall.

heluvsme 01-13-2010 03:15 PM

Definitely have your iron levels checked, mama. Another possibility would be adrenal fatigue.

amrijane128 01-13-2010 03:59 PM

I definitely had these issues in the first trimester. Now, at almost 7 months I only feel dizzy/shaky/weak if I go too long without food or don't drink tons of water. The fatigue will come and go no matter what. Feel better mama!

katesmash 01-13-2010 06:29 PM

Sounds like iron deficiency (anemia) to me... better get in with your doctor!

When I was pregnant with DD I had to take iron supplements in addition to my prenatals because of my anemia.

peaches330 01-13-2010 08:40 PM

Could be anemia or low blood pressure. I thought I might be becoming anemic this time because I was experiencing similar symptoms and it turns out that my BP had dropped super low (it was on the low side for me before but once I started feeling bad it was really low). I'd have your iron levels and BP checked.

sjmj 01-13-2010 09:11 PM

Depending on which pregnancy, it was because I had low iron, not enough water, or low blood pressure. I also have to really pay attention to how fast I get up or get out of a car.

Talk to your doctor.