Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Questions about EO's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909)

clothdiapermom 04-24-2006 10:07 AM

Questions about EO's

I currently use Allen's Naturally and it has no scent whatsoever, so I feel like my diapers don't smell "clean". I don't know anything about EO's and wondered if I put a drop or two in with my detergent would that give my diapers a fresher smell?

If so what do you recommend I use and how much?

Thanks,
Meg

Oh yeah we use Fuzzi Bunz with Moe inserts and at night I use Hemp in a Fuzzi Bunz. This isn't Hemp stink either it is the actual Fuzzi Bunz that just don't smell fresh, they are stinky just not fresh if that makes any sense. We have an HE machine and do a cold rinse/ spin, followed by the sanitary cycle where I add the prewash setting (don't put any detergent in the prewash dispenser) and an extra rinse.

jessica36 04-24-2006 10:15 AM

Re: Questions about EO's

Are you using HE detergent? Also make sure you are using enough, too little and they won't smell "clean"

I have also never had a problem with a few drops of TTO in my wash to clean them :)

clothdiapermom 04-24-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica36
Are you using HE detergent? Also make sure you are using enough, too little and they won't smell "clean"

I have also never had a problem with a few drops of TTO in my wash to clean them :)

I use HE detergent for our clothes but I use the Allen's Naturally which MOE recommends for the diapers. I even talked to Allen's Naturally about using there detergent in my HE machine and they said to use 1/4 of an ounce instead of the regualar ounce for top loaders.

The reason I am using the Allen's is because most of my mediums have shot elastic in them so when I went to PT size I switched to make sure it wasn't my soap causing the elastic to break down quicker. I hang dry my pockets and dry my inserts.

I don't know it is weird, they don't stink they just don't smell really fresh either. Maybe I am asking for too much. LOL

toryandrew 04-24-2006 08:03 PM

What I have done in the past is wetted a piece of flannel with an EO like Sweet Orange and then dried the load with the piece of flannel. It freshened everything up nicely for a couple months.

mommy2zander 04-24-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toryandrew
What I have done in the past is wetted a piece of flannel with an EO like Sweet Orange and then dried the load with the piece of flannel. It freshened everything up nicely for a couple months.

what a great idea!! hope this works for you mama!! :D