Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   any ideas for my cruble cake (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91140)

tigger15623 01-26-2007 01:04 PM

any ideas for my cruble cake

I am trying to rack my brain for a idea for my messed up cake, I got done making 2 cakes for my moms bday and Any ways i have to make a chocolate and yellow cake mix my Yellow cake stuck to the pan when i tried to transer it to my cake box to decarate, dose any one have any ideas on what i can make with crumble up yellow cake????? Its all in peices still a Good and ymmm cake just not able to use it as a cake its all torn appart

I was thinking layering it with pudding but then i though the cake would be all suggy by party time witch is tommrow

any ideas LOL

thanks so much

TwinKristi 01-26-2007 01:16 PM

Re: any ideas for my cruble cake

Have you ever made Cake Balls?? They're super yummy and work great when you mess up a cake!! LOL Here's the recipe-

Cake Balls

1 cake mix (any flavor of your choice)
1 container of frosting (any flavor of your choice)
chocolate for dipping

Bake the cake according to box directions in a 9x13 pan. Allow cake to cool and then crumble entire cake in a large bowl. With frosting at room temperature, mix into crumbled cake. Yep, just mix in the frosting. :) I like to use a fork to do this. You may need to refridgerate your
mixture before you shape into the balls, you will be able to tell if it's working or not. Make into round balls about 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Refrigerate (or stick in the freezer for a bit) just to make firm and manageable. Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the cake balls. Allow to cool on wax paper.

Make them look fancy (if desired) by drizzling either more milk chocoate on top or use white chocolate to contrast.

If you use chocolate cake mix and chocolate icing these taste similar to ding dongs. You could also try yellow cake mix and lemon frosing, or other mixtures as you choose.

tigger15623 01-26-2007 01:27 PM

OHHHHHHHHH good idea
Do you think my yellow cake mix would go well with a white frosting or a chocoate frosting those are the two i have here??? sounds good never have heard of them what a neat idea
thanks so much

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinKristi (Post 678378)
Have you ever made Cake Balls?? They're super yummy and work great when you mess up a cake!! LOL Here's the recipe-

Cake Balls

1 cake mix (any flavor of your choice)
1 container of frosting (any flavor of your choice)
chocolate for dipping

Bake the cake according to box directions in a 9x13 pan. Allow cake to cool and then crumble entire cake in a large bowl. With frosting at room temperature, mix into crumbled cake. Yep, just mix in the frosting. :) I like to use a fork to do this. You may need to refridgerate your
mixture before you shape into the balls, you will be able to tell if it's working or not. Make into round balls about 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Refrigerate (or stick in the freezer for a bit) just to make firm and manageable. Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the cake balls. Allow to cool on wax paper.

Make them look fancy (if desired) by drizzling either more milk chocoate on top or use white chocolate to contrast.

If you use chocolate cake mix and chocolate icing these taste similar to ding dongs. You could also try yellow cake mix and lemon frosing, or other mixtures as you choose.

TwinKristi 01-26-2007 02:56 PM

I think either would be fine, I prefer chocolate but you're gonna dip in chocolate so maybe white. BTW, I just use melted down choc. chips w/ milk in a double boiler (I use a small pyrex bowl on top of small pot of boiling water, fits perfect) and then dip them and let cool! They are sooooooooo yummy!! You can also reheat the choc and dip the other side too. :thumbsup:
ETA: I used Devils Food cake w/ dark chocolate frosting & milk choc. chips.

tigger15623 01-27-2007 09:52 AM

thank you so much, i made them yeasterday they are pretty good i desided to use the chocolate frosting and then milk chocolate chips what a great idea thank you so much we will so how the go at the party tonight :)