Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92404)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-29-2007 10:46 AM

How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP

I am really excited and can't wait! their office is going to be a drive away but it's ok, i feel comfortable and safe at this place which is where i had danae.

how long did you all wait til you went to see the dr?

I am going in as soon as the fog starts lifting, they told me i can just do a walk in and to be their before 11:30am or wait til after lunch which is an hour and then just be their before 4:30pm, they close at 5, i can hardly wait to see everyone, i havent been there since danae was less than 1 years old, i am feeling tired again, i took a long nap yesterday and so couldnt sleep when i went to lay down last night and ended up watching Step up again and went to bed at 3am after i called dh at work for his break then woke up at 8 this morning:giggle:

yesterday i was sleeping so much, i am soo tired and i am wondering if i'm enemic, i woke up and stood up and felt dizzy and my stomach has already started feeling queasy, i told dh this is soon, i hope once the morning sickness actually starts it doesn't stay for too long.

Kimmomy2dom 01-29-2007 10:49 AM

Re: Going to the dr today for a verification

Good luck and have fun, mama!
I had a blood test done right away both times, but after that I didn't see anyone until 12 weeks.
I usually start feeling crappy a day or two after a BFP, so you sound perfect to me, LOL!

bsydprmkn 01-29-2007 11:04 AM

i saw the doctor the next day with this one :) i go wednesday for my dating ultrasound and then i wont be back to see them for another 4 weeks.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-29-2007 11:05 AM

LOL, thanks Kim:razz:
I am going in for a pregnancy verification so i can start prenatal pills and get my pelvic done, they draw blood today too, which i don't mind..lol
so you didn't go back til 12 weeks?
I wonder if they'll schedule me for 4 weeks from today or until i hit 12 weeks:headscratch: guess i'll find out ..lol

MamaZ 01-29-2007 11:06 AM

My drs have always made me wait until I was at least 8 weeks, except my current OB she would have seen me right away but I couldn't see her anyway. But I usually wait until I'm at least 8 weeks :)

tararaboomdeea 01-29-2007 11:08 AM

Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP

I don't think I went before 8 weeks with any of mine. If you have a special circunstance, or issues, then I'd ask to be seen ASAP.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-29-2007 11:12 AM

Re: How long did you wait before going to the dr for the first time once you got your BFP

with my other 2 i just went in as soon as i got the bfp for verifications and thats what i'm doing this time, i feel like i have never done this and am all full of questions again..:blush:

munchkinflame13 01-29-2007 11:15 AM

My doc wanted to see me right away, but couldn't check on the baby until 10 weeks. This is my second so I got prenatal vitamins the next day at Walmart (before I even spoke to doc) and didn't feel like I needed the whole "this is how you take care of yourself when you are prego" spiel so I am going at 10 weeks ( 2/24 ) when she can check on baby because that is all I care about, that baby is healthy. I know I am. :) hope that helps. :goodvibes:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-29-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks mamas:)
my dr is about an hour away i don't know if i should wait til after lunch

Rhianna'sMommy 01-29-2007 11:19 AM

We go in to do paperwork around 8 weeks (but don't see anyone other than the admistrative person). With a second baby they won't see you before 12 weeks but I saw them at 10 weeks with dd since she was my first. So I am 11 weeks and still haven't seen a dr. Won't get an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks either unless they have concerns. I'm not worried though - I'm pretty confident this baby is ok.