Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'm STILL getting VIRUSES from DS???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924967)

Nagshead 02-07-2010 12:51 PM

I'm STILL getting VIRUSES from DS????

We had another Trojan virus come from this site this morning???? Is anyone else having this problem? I know there was a thread about this last week and a lot of people were having problems. Is there someone working on this?

reesesmom 02-07-2010 01:04 PM

Re: I'm STILL getting VIRUSES from DS????

:( I don't get them . . . Curious, how do you know it comes from here?

littamomto4 02-07-2010 01:25 PM

99% of the time site supporters dont get them. They come from the ads people see when they are not site supporters.

reesesmom 02-07-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littamomto4 (Post 9526306)
99% of the time site supporters dont get them. They come from the ads people see when they are not site supporters.

Ooooooooooohhhhh. Makes sense.

Nagshead 02-07-2010 01:38 PM

Our virus detection software can tell. How do you become a site supporter? I am just so frustrated b/c this is the only site I get them from, no other sites even if they have ads.

shannonstryker 02-07-2010 01:40 PM

i have had my computer in the shop twice in the last week from these viruses...stinks because i love this site:(

GreenHome Sewing 02-07-2010 01:48 PM

I'm sad to say that DS totally screwed up my mother's computer.

(I have no problem on my Mac.)

My mother's computer, a Dell (snicker), won't even load its operating system now.
Hence, why I've been pretty scarce on this site that I love - I only trust visiting on a Mac that isn't attached to any networks.

metalchick1000 02-07-2010 02:23 PM

Use Firefox and get the Ad Blocker add on. I don't see any ads, I never get and viruses.

Wanderlust 02-07-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagshead (Post 9526384)
Our virus detection software can tell. How do you become a site supporter? I am just so frustrated b/c this is the only site I get them from, no other sites even if they have ads.

On my avatar (or anyone else's), you can click on the button that says "Site Supporter" and it'll take you to the page where you can sign up and pay for it. I

ClothDiaperMePlease 02-07-2010 02:49 PM

in the most recent attack a few weeks ago, being a supporter didn't protect people. Just so you are aware.

I use Firefox, Ad Block PLUS, and no script.