Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vaccination reaction... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930992)

kimmers86 02-16-2010 12:33 PM

Vaccination reaction...

My 6 month old son had his 6 month well baby check yesterday plus all the vaccines. He never had any reaction to the vaccines before, but he's been throwing up occasionally since 1 am. Sometimes he vomits while nursing, right after, or will even keep it down for an hour or two. Also, he had a mucousy stool?? Anyone have this problem...how long did it last?? Anything I can do? He seems ok, a little more fussy but still pretty much his normal happy self.

Just wondering if anyone went thru this. Ughhhh
Thanks!
:mad:

mamaktee 02-16-2010 12:35 PM

Re: Vaccination reaction...

:nervous: DS goes for his 6mth this week...I hope he feels better soon mama! :hugs:

kimmers86 02-16-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaktee (Post 9598038)
:nervous: DS goes for his 6mth this week...I hope he feels better soon mama! :hugs:

Thanks, me too!

dragondance 02-16-2010 12:40 PM

That sounds like a food reaction, honestly. The vomiting plus the mucous in stool is usually a reaction to an allergic food in babies.

todzwife 02-16-2010 12:42 PM

I vote stomach virus he probably picked up at the doctor.:blush:

kimmers86 02-16-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragondance (Post 9598074)
That sounds like a food reaction, honestly. The vomiting plus the mucous in stool is usually a reaction to an allergic food in babies.

I don't think it is..I haven't changed my diet (breastfeeding) and he hasn't had anything new. Other than those nasty shots :(

knlrachel 02-16-2010 12:52 PM

It could just be a stomach bug picked up at the doctor's office. The timing of it kicking in sounds like it fits. It also might be a reaction to the vaccines, but I don't think I have heard of the vomiting as a side effect. I hope he feels better SOON!

mamaktee 02-16-2010 01:01 PM

I was just reading up on vac's on kidshealth.org and the only shot that has vomiting/diarrhea reactions is Rotavirus shots....did your LO get that one yesterday? All of the others say reactions may include swelling, redness, & tenderness in the area of injection, rash, & fatigue...

frenchie 02-16-2010 01:32 PM

My son ALWAYS vomited after his shots, preceded by 103+ temp. We stopped shots altogether.

mamaktee 02-16-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchie (Post 9598599)
My son ALWAYS vomited after his shots, preceded by 103+ temp. We stopped shots altogether.

Oh yea...and all of them say fever...I knew I was leaving out a reaction:blush: