Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is your Favorite Pocket insert? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9341)

Bridym 05-27-2006 12:32 PM

What is your Favorite Pocket insert?

My usual microfiber is kind of not working too well these days. I have tried stripping them and they seem to work for a bit but I think I would like to try something diffrent.

So tell me, what are your favorite inserts and is your dc a heavey or light wetter?

Thanx!

foofoomomma 05-27-2006 12:36 PM

Re: What is your Favorite Pocket insert?

cotton babies microfiber...and my ds is a super soaker!

raceNzanesmom 05-27-2006 12:52 PM

Hemp Wonder-fulls. They hold a ton, but are still on the trim side. Zane isn't a super soaker so he can use a set for overnights. If he's had a lot to drink I'll occasionally add a mt towel. I also use hemp prefolds, Samuel Soakers and Little Lounging Lizards (or something like that) at night.

I think SEZ BKT would be great too, but I'm just not a fan of trifolded soakers for day.

Sweetforestcat 05-27-2006 12:55 PM

we use hemp inserts wrapped in a microfiber towel. We have a medium to heavy wetter but sometimes he is a light wetter. It really differs with him so I make sure every diaper is suited to a supersoaker just in case. Oh we also love our wonderfuls both emp and microfiber..we put them both together for added absorbancy......meaning the larger part is either hemp or miocrifiber and the smaller part is the opposite of what the large material is......so if I have a large hemp oart then I would have a small microfiber part..etc......less bulky for us. All of these inserts fit into our large pockets...snap-ez, Roos, OMG, and HH pockets!

Sweetforestcat 05-27-2006 12:56 PM

Oh I forgot to add that I tried the hemp wonderfulls all by themsleves but I found them to be way too stiff for my lil guy to even walk in them so now we alternate with one of each kind!

mom2t 05-27-2006 01:35 PM

You should try Abby's Lane Inserts. Two sizes. Great deal. Just like Cottonbabies.

MamaJenn 05-27-2006 01:40 PM

my favorite thing for my PFs besides a MOE insert is to use a JoeyBunz wrapped with a Micro Fiber towel or two! so trim/fluffy and thirsty:thumbsup:

Mamato2beauties 05-27-2006 01:43 PM

Joey Bunz :)
A JB with a prefold is our best nighttime combo~

SarahJane 05-27-2006 02:14 PM

Similar answer here. We either use a cotton babies mf with a hemp babies doubler behind it. Or a joey bunz behind with a thin MOE microfiber doubler on top. For me I have to have both microfiber and hemp to take my fast flow little one. He's not a heavy wetter just an all at once kind of guy. Joey Bunz by themselves spell disaster!

Sj

FitMommyOf2 05-27-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foofoomomma
cotton babies microfiber...and my ds is a super soaker!

Same here! I too have JB hemp inserts but never dared to try them w/o a microfiber towel wrapped around them.:giggle: