Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A new milestone for us! 4 years! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935547)

1blessedmama 02-23-2010 08:32 AM

A new milestone for us! 4 years!

I know that even among many more natural groups like this, 4 years of nursing isn't a popular thing (and that even many here disagree with it), but since I can count on one hand the amount of people "IRL" who know DD1 is even still nursing (and few to none of them would even get why I care), I wanted to be able to "celebrate" this milestone somewhere! I know there are a few other mama's here who've done 4+ years, so I figured someone would understand!

I just think it's bittersweet...I am pretty darn confident that she will wean on her own sometime within the next year (and we'll have to see how baby #3 plays into the picture once s/he arrives any day now)...and since it's been such a natural process, I'm sort of afraid I will "miss" the last time she nurses until it's well in hindsight. But it's just so neat to be at this point. For one, I never thought I'd still be nursing now...I just figured 18 months would be a cool milestone to reach, but now that I see how natural this process is to let it continue (and the way DD1 has tapered down on her own to just nursing once every few days or so really is a testament to CLW, IMO!) I can't imagine ever trying to end the process myself with any future kiddos. Granted, we've had a really easy BF'ing relationship overall (with DD2 we've had more difficulties), but we've still had our moments and there have certainly been times where I've thought, "Okay, this is it. We're done!" So glad it was just out of momentary frustration. :giggle: It's just wonderful to see the benefits of continuing to nurse at this point, and how it's not a gross thing, or something that I can't seem to find a way to stop, or anything like that.

Fleece Be With You 02-23-2010 08:54 AM

Re: A new milestone for us! 4 years!

Congrats!!!! Wow, so you may be tandem nursing 3 soon?? You are amazing mama!

luvmyanklebiters 02-23-2010 09:58 AM

CONGRATS :thumbsup:

Sally's Red Meadow 02-23-2010 11:46 AM

Congrats :)

BabyD'sMommy 02-23-2010 12:04 PM

CONGRATS!! Wow...possibly nursing 3! That is an accomplishment!

Willows 02-23-2010 12:15 PM

That is amazing! I agree with you that most people do not find it acceptable, I really hope my DS nurses that long!!

Happygrl6 02-23-2010 01:02 PM

Way to go!!

SpiffyBex 02-23-2010 07:50 PM

Way to go!! That is awesome!! So proud of you. :)

Mpierce 02-23-2010 08:07 PM

That's amazing mama!!!!

tiredmommyof8 02-23-2010 08:15 PM

Congratulations on your nursing milestone.