Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why do I have trouble putting on a FB? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93664)

Harmony96 02-01-2007 11:42 AM

Why do I have trouble putting on a FB?

Ok, my daughter's legs are symmetrical. So are my fuzzy bunz. When I put the diaper on her, it goes around her left leg fine but I really have to stretch and pull to get it around her right leg. I usually fasten the left leg first so I was wondering if it was a first leg/second leg thing instead of a left leg/right leg thing, so I tried fastening the right leg first. Same thing happened but to a lesser extent... again the RIGHT leg was harder to fasten around.

Anyone else? Maybe I'm just diaper challenged. lol

kgsd 02-01-2007 11:51 AM

Re: Why do I have trouble putting on a FB?

Can you put the first leg on a looser snap?

ipumpkin 02-01-2007 11:53 AM

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you should try starting on the next snap out. Sometimes, when my babies grow a bit I have that problem and I just have to use the next snap. I don't always get to use the "symetrical" snap position. kwim?

HTH!

sienna 02-01-2007 11:59 AM

i have the same problem.
S

Harmony96 02-01-2007 12:51 PM

nak

i forgot to mention that i tried the next snap out, but then once it's on it is too loose. the diaper fits her fine on the tightest snap (no red marks or dents or anything on her legs when i take it off), it's just the getting it on that i have the problem with.

jrk 02-01-2007 12:53 PM

Fb's were a tricky fit for us too. I know my little sister couldn't get them snapped right when she would babysit, it'd be half on and half off his bum!

jenncatsmeow 02-01-2007 12:55 PM

Could it be a Left hand/right hand thing....or the direction the baby is lying? I typically have dd's head to my L.....but if I put her head to my right or have her straight on (facing her) the diapers go on and fasten differently.

Just something you may wish to try...

kgsd 02-01-2007 12:55 PM

You could try putting it on with the looser snap setting, and then once it's on both legs, you can tighten the legs up. Or you could try leaving it on the looser setting - I've found that it doesn't have to be super snug to work well.

It might just be that another diaper would work better.

jenmn 02-01-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgsd (Post 696491)
You could try putting it on with the looser snap setting, and then once it's on both legs, you can tighten the legs up.

This is what I do.

moonphishers 02-01-2007 01:15 PM

i have the same problem but it all seems to work itself out when I do the correct snap alighnment, once we get up.

GL!