Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tummy Sleeper with Angelcare Monitor? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937259)

kjo 02-25-2010 12:29 PM

Tummy Sleeper with Angelcare Monitor?

Anyone tried the Angelcare Monitor for a tummy sleeper. DS is 4 weeks and I have put him on his tummy next to me on the couch to calm down and he LOVES it. He is outgrowing the swaddle and breaks himself free most of the time. Just wondering if anyone used the Angelcare monitor and let their newborns sleep on their tummy?

jac1976 02-25-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Tummy Sleeper with Angelcare Monitor?

We had the Angelcare monitor and I would sometimes let DS sleep on his tummy, once he learned to roll over (4 months) he always slept on his tummy. When he was in the NICU after he was born and hooked up to all of the monitors the nurses put him to sleep on his belly. I figured if they did it, I could too.

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 02-25-2010 01:03 PM

yes, we kept the angelcare monitor on until Logan was in a big bed. It was the best thing I think i ever purchased:)

hillybean 02-25-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy (Post 9672547)
yes, we kept the angelcare monitor on until Logan was in a big bed. It was the best thing I think i ever purchased:)

Agreed! This is the only device that gave me piece of mind and allowed me to get some rest too!! We also allowed our DD to sleep on her tummy once she could roll there herself.

crazykerry 02-25-2010 01:54 PM

Same here. It was the best thing I ever got for my baby. We both get sleep becuase I can relax. I have never had a "false" alarm (knock on wood) short of me forgetting to turn it off when I take him out.

afrimama 02-25-2010 03:00 PM

We have an Angelcare, but I still don't want to let DD sleep on her tummy. The reason is that no one knows for sure what causes SIDS, but we know that tummy sleeping can play a role, and the Angelcare is NOT designed to prevent SIDS. So it still gives me peace of mind, but I do not rely on it alone. I obsessively follow all the SIDS rules (even now that DD is 9 months and beyond the highest risk age) despite the Angelcare.

Just my :2cents:

corinne76 02-25-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillybean (Post 9672607)
Agreed! This is the only device that gave me piece of mind and allowed me to get some rest too!! We also allowed our DD to sleep on her tummy once she could roll there herself.

me too. We got ours when DD started rolling over and sleeping on her tummy. Iwas a wreck the first couple of nights until we got the monitor. Best baby thing I ever bought

babyhope78 02-25-2010 04:04 PM

I used the angel care monitor for dd and now for ds. DS is almost 5 months old now and will NOT sleep on his back. His first response when laid down on his back (which is how I lay him down per recommendations) is to immediately roll over onto his tummy and sleep face down (eek). Even when I roll him over onto his back, in his sleep he rolls back onto his tummy.

This monitor gives me the peace of mind and lets me know that he's breathing. I still check on him periodically and make sure he's alright and still follow all other sids prevention recommendations (no bumper, nothing else in crib, fan on in room, etc) but it gives me tremendous peace of mind. It doesn't prevent sids, but if there is a problem I would be alerted to it almost instantly. And there's nothing better than waking up at night, listening for that reassuring steady ticking and going right back to sleep.

Before dd had this monitor I did NOT sleep and was a nervous wreck. She stopped breathing three times in 10 minutes once as a newborn and I was way too paranoid after that. I didn't start sleeping until after we got this monitor.

Jenfrogmomcpst 02-26-2010 10:49 AM

Thank God for this monitor. Ours went off last night. The beeping woke him up and he started breathing. YIKES!!!!

christi2705 02-26-2010 08:03 PM

We used it for my oldest and it was great. She would only sleep on her tummy so it really gave me peace of mind to sleep. We never had a false alarm with it. The only time it went off was when I picked her up and forgot to turn it off :)