Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why is everyone so concerned with my kid's feet? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939866)

bezark 03-01-2010 01:29 PM

Why is everyone so concerned with my kid's feet?

It's a comfortable 50 degrees here today. Not exactly warm, but it feels like the flipping Bahamas compared to the weather we've had lately.
I dressed DS in a long sleeved t-shirt, a warm wool sweater, cords and socks.

THREE women in the grocery store this morning commented on his "bare" feet. :headscratch:
He wasn't walking. He doesn't walk. He was sitting in the shopping cart.

Why on earth does everyone think this child needs shoes, that he'd probably kick off anyway, when his feet never hit the ground?

Xeniphia 03-01-2010 01:35 PM

Re: Why is everyone so concerned with my kid's feet?

I'd flip around all worried like to him while saying "REALLY??? He had his socks on 2 seconds ago!!! Oh, you made me nervous for a second." And then walk off. ;)

MamaZ 03-01-2010 01:39 PM

oh I agree! That's so annoying! I don't do the shoes thing either at that age, no point!

doodah 03-01-2010 01:47 PM

It was closer to 40 yesterday and my 7 month old was not wearing shoes. She was bundled besides that, even had two pair of socks on. Shoes are just not working for her. They don't fit right and don't stay on.

nakedbabytoes 03-01-2010 01:49 PM

I'm one of "those" people who think if it's too cold for me to wear socks only, it's too cold for my kid to wear socks only. Walking or not. I'm one if those crazy parents who has their 2mo wear Robeez whenever we go out because it's cool enough for shoes.
To each his own. I don't parent your kids and you don't parent mine. I never say anything because it isn't my business but it isn't that I don't have an opinion on it.
Whatever.

lisaaag 03-01-2010 01:52 PM

Shoes are for walking, as long as you had socks on him I don't see where there's a problem.

the4littlepigs 03-01-2010 01:55 PM

oops

the4littlepigs 03-01-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisaaag (Post 9703569)
Shoes are for walking, as long as you had socks on him I don't see where there's a problem.

I agree

j+csmama 03-01-2010 02:49 PM

I put Robeez on my DD, but that's mostly b/c I think they're so stinkin cute! I think as long as you had socks on the babe you're fine. People need to keep their mouths shut... sheesh.

msmellissa 03-01-2010 03:16 PM

I keep my kiddos in Robeez or similer when it's cold out but I see nothing wrong with a few layers of socks. People should mind their own beezwax. Sheesh!