Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Would I be a bad parent if.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940347)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 03-02-2010 09:54 AM

Would I be a bad parent if....

when I realized my DD was fishing q-tips out of the bathroom garbage I didn't immediately jump up and stop her..but rather laughed? :giggle2: It was so funny that she was just picking the q-tips out and had them all stuffed into one hand. I wish I had batteries in my camera and I would have gotten a pic!

Any similar stories of gross things your LO's love to do?

S Starr 03-02-2010 10:02 AM

Re: Would I be a bad parent if....

Yeah.... DH groaned when I showed him a photo of DD2 eating cat food.... "You couldn't have just STOPPED her?"

<g>

TalkinBoutMyGirl 03-02-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Starr (Post 9709414)
Yeah.... DH groaned when I showed him a photo of DD2 eating cat food.... "You couldn't have just STOPPED her?"

<g>

:giggle: If we had a cat I am sure DD would have eaten some food by now. And it would be my SO that would be freaking out..not me. She had yet to get into the bag of dog food in the laundry room but that's because she is too short to reach into the 44lb bag. I'm sure it will happen on day!

LillyIvy 03-02-2010 02:10 PM

I wish I had a camera when DD had her butt in the air with her face in the dogs food dish. Oh, I was literally -->:roflmbo:

She also refuses to eat any food unless it has touched something else other than her dish, usually the table :giggle2:

lindsayncadence 03-02-2010 02:23 PM

I have pictures of Irie eating dog food so if you are a bad parent so am I :) Sometimes we have to just not sweat the small stuff.

amitchell98 03-02-2010 02:25 PM

Very funny :giggle: And also :yuck:

My son has eaten dog food and cat food before. I would have stopped to take a pic as well :) And then probably washed his hands, twice!

Mallory 03-02-2010 02:40 PM

LOL No! I actually have a video of my DD when she had just learned how to crawl and sit up, eating a snack WITH my dog, while the dog ate. The both of them together chowing down. It was hilarious, yuck, yes, but still hilarious. And it isn't as if she was going to be poisoned by the kibble piece she was trying to gum to death.

But the q-tips... lol. Just the other night as I was tucking my DS into bed, DD was in the bathroom going potty and I also told her to brush her teeth before I went to tuck her in as well. I hear her give this disgusted gasp and then I hear "Moooom!? I think Elliott put q-tips in my toothpaste!!" I thought no way, but funny none the less, and asked Elliott, "Did you shove q-tips in Delta's toothpaste?" He goes, "Uh-huuuuh" and gives me this exaggerated nod. DD refused to use it (I figured it was just empty and she couldn't get more out) so I told her to go use the tube from my room.

The next night we're going about our nighttime routine, and this time I'm in the bathroom with her as she goes to brush her teeth. Ew, the tube is super goopy and I take a peek. No lie, there was at least 5 or 6 q-tips shoved down in there clogging the darn thing up! ROFL!!! He sure did shove them in there. And I couldn't be mad, because he told the truth! :roflmbo:

beaute_marquee 03-02-2010 03:14 PM

DS had just learned to get out of his crib, so we turned it around so the higher side was facing out, and the drop side was against the wall. We heard his screaming while he was supposed to be taking a nap, and DH went into his room and burst out laughing (DS stopped crying as soon as Daddy opened the door). He had taken all of his clothes off and gotten himself stuck between the wall and the crib! It was hysterical!

mrsbehaven007 03-02-2010 03:22 PM

My ds1 ate a june bug... and i didn't stop him bc I was afraid to touch the bug lol....
My dd climed to play in the litter box once.... I seriously had a panic attack... god bless xanax..lol

TalkinBoutMyGirl 03-03-2010 11:11 AM

LOL These are great. My DD always tries to eat ladybugs. We vacuum them up constantly but there is always a new one or a stray one that finds it way into the house. As far as I know I have fished them out before she actually swallowed but I am sure she probably has gotten 1 or 2 down.