Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   breath (stinks) what is it?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940448)

tusheez 03-02-2010 11:02 AM

breath (stinks) what is it??

2yr old DDs breath smells horrible:headscratch: i dont know why. I think i might bring her into the pedi today. anyone else ever had this problem? I looked on line and there was different smells = something? so im just not sure?!:cry:

hellodebbie87 03-02-2010 02:05 PM

Re: breath (stinks) what is it??

I noticed lately my dd has had some bad breath. I thought it was morning breath but it lasted throughout the day. Only thing I could think of was the fact that she had been teething for a week and I hadn't been able to get her to open her mouth big enough for me to brush the back of her tongue. She had a white patch on the back of her tongue, from buildup I suppose (she drinks a ton of milk) and now that I've had the chance to clear it off her breath is better.

Kinda makes me miss the baby breath days.. :giggle:

dagmomma 03-02-2010 03:08 PM

My son usually gets bad breath right before he gets sick.

rosefall 03-02-2010 03:34 PM

Has she had any tonsil problems? Tonsil stones can build up in tonsil craters and cause really bad breath.

tusheez 03-02-2010 03:54 PM

thanks mamas i am bringing her in tmrw:hugs:

dpelephant 03-02-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 9713091)

This is the case with my DD too.

ttachuk 03-02-2010 07:21 PM

Reflux?

mamaktee 03-02-2010 07:27 PM

This is really embarrasing to tell but it may help pin-point the problem...I have really bad pits in my tonsils and my tonsils are kind of big. My dentist advised me to check on taking them out to fix the problem.:blush:Check your LO and you can see the pits in mine...maybe you could in your DD

me_just_me 03-02-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 9713091)

Yes this! I noticed my DD had really bad breath and she came down with a really nasty cold. Someone told me about the bad breath/sick connection and when I noticed her bad breath I was wondering ifg she was going to get sick and yep, it happened. She is better now and no bad breath!

EmsMom 03-03-2010 04:57 AM

It could also be cavities! DD had a few cavities filled and I noticed a big improvement with her breath once they were taken care of.