Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Another pee pee thread... *Went to ER* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94127)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 06:55 AM

Another pee pee thread... *Went to ER*

Gavin has had this redness to the very tip/opening of his pee pee for about a week, I've been watching it, cause it just looked like a lil irritation, well today when I took off his overnight dipe, it looked like the tiniest trace of blood in it! I called to get an apt "oh we have nothing til the last week of feb" WHAT? GEE THANKS!

So we did some googling, and found this...
http://www.drgreene.com/21_934.html

Now, he IS nursing plenty, I did notice his overnight dipe was slightly yellow, but last night he actually didn't nurse that much, but other than that he is, and I am taking fenugreek so my milk supply is good... so I wanna know anyone ever seen this? And should I be extremely concerned about the redness? I mean I can go to the ER, my ONLY option at this point, but on one hand what will they do? *sigh* I think I may just let him have more nakey time today and hope that helps, for sure this weekend if it's still like that I'll go to ER but I am so mad I can't get an apt, I felt like yelling at her lol even tho I know it's not her fault but damnit how can you tell me you have no apt for my BABY! :banghead: I hate our hospital!

ceilismom 02-02-2007 08:25 AM

Re: Another pee pee thread...

I would guess that the blood is from the tip of his penis being irritated, and not from something internal. Are his overnight dipes totally saturated in the morning? Do they smell strongly? I would be more inclined to suspect a sensitivity to detergent, or possibly that you have buildup in the diapers. I would think that as much naked time as possible would be the best answer.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 08:54 AM

no what I am saying is maybe it wasn't blood kwim? from that link I posted it could have been that...

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 08:54 AM

oh yeah, how do you check for buildup? And I've been using the same detergent as always, so I don't think that's the problem :(

mum0fthr33 02-02-2007 09:04 AM

I check for build up in the dishwasher or really hot water in the sink with the sprayer if you see suds you have build up.

my son had something like your describing just on the tip of his peepee with kind of little pink or purple dots around the opening the dr said it was just from rubbing on his diapers/pull ups so when I changed him every other diaper I would put some lanolin on it and it helped if you do this with cloth put in something to keep the lanolin off the diaper I cut up an out teeshirt and layed it in the diaper and give him extra water just in case hth

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 09:05 AM

thanks :thumbsup: I will check for buildup today, and if that's not the problem well yeah this weekend we're going to the ER, giving him nakey time too lol hoping it helps, one thing is, it does not seem to bother him though

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 02:38 PM

well I really didn't like how it looked so I took him in this afternoon, they had to do a urinalysis :( it was kinda funny afterwards though because the two nurses who came to do it, well the put they catheter in, and nothing, they said has he been drinking Mom? Uhh YEAH! So she was pulling it out, and wooo there we go he gave them a shower :rofl: and I was lmbo at them cause they were just like uhh uhh trying to find something to cover it, DUH the CUP! :rofl: wow hehe that'll teach them to mess with Gavin's wee wee :giggle: we had to leave before we got the results though :( cause Cody was on his way home from school, so they gave us an ointment, and will call if there is anything abnormal with the urinalysis... *sigh* I really hope it's nothing :pray: and if it is, then I move onto possible dipe issues :headscratch:

ceilismom 02-02-2007 03:12 PM

Hi- I just logged on again and was going to suggest that if the doc couldn't get him in, to call back and ask if you could bring him in for a UA without being seen by the doc. Glad you went ahead and took him to the ER. If it turns out that there's a urinary problem, I'd definitely talk to the doc and tell them what you think about not being able to get a sick baby in for a month.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-02-2007 03:46 PM

unfortunately it's cause they are short on DRS, I think they don't realize how populated this post is :banghead:

Hayley 02-02-2007 03:57 PM

Sorry Melanie! I hope the ointment helps!